Chapter 7 The Best Leaders

April 19th, xx16

The third week of classes had begun, and it was beginning to become clear which crowds certain students belonged in. Students were making friends, becoming rivals. . . and unfortunately, enemies.

Hey, watch it, blondie!

Jaune: Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

The Bright Knight had accident bumped into your stereotypical jock, Cardin Winchester, in the halls of the school building.

Cardin: Hey, hey. . . Wait a sec. Aren't you that guy that got me embarrassed in front of Goodwitch?

Jaune: Um. . . huh? Wait! Ohh. . . You're that guy that laughed after I failed the field test. (laughs nervously) I don't think that's my fault. I'm going to die, aren't I?

The Leader of Team CRDL let out a soft 'tsk' and began popping his knuckles one by one.

Cardin: Is that right?

Jaune: Uh-Um. . . I-

The back of his uniform was tugged, the blonde yelping as he was dragged away by the Red Reaper.

Ruby: Come on Jaune, let's not be late again!

Jaune: Oh, uh. . . Right!

Winchester's eyes narrowed before he was joined by his team and made his way to class. The Knight let out a sigh of relief as Ruby let him go.

Jaune: Thanks for that. . .

Ruby: It's no biggie. You held your own pretty well there.

Jaune: Please define well.

Ruby: You didn't break.

Jaune: Oh. . . Well, thank you!

Ruby: . . .

The redhead gave him an awkward smile. It was just a compliment, but. . . Jaune was elated by it. Something was up, and she hoped she wasn't the only one noticing.

Remnant Studies

Doctor Oobleck, Professor to his students, dashed around his classroom as they began their first core unit of their first year.

The Faunus Rights Revolution.

Faunus were classified as a human with an animalistic trait, a subspecies of humans who had mutations tailored to certain animals across Remnant. Men, women, and children could have the tail of a monkey, the ears of a cat, the horns of a bull, and so on.

However, simple physical changes were not the only things Faunus had different from humans. Depending on the animal they are a hybrid with, they'd carry on some of that animals abilities. A chameleon faunus could change the color of their skin, any winged faunus could fly, snake faunus have poisonous teeth, and any aquatic faunus could breathe underwater.

Furthermore, every species of faunus did share a few things in common, such as enhanced senses of sound, smell, and vision.

Unfortunately, due to their differences and blatant physical superiority to the common man, they were oppressed by the majority, humans. Even as that oppression began to fade, the animosity between certain groups never faded. . . .

The Doctor stood before a large infographic of the revolution.

Oobleck: Yes, yes. Prior to The Faunus War, humankind was veryveryvery adamant about keeping Faunus centralized in Menagerie.