you're on a date and her ex shows up (requested)

"Thank you!" Mina grinned as the waitress finished writing down your order and then took your menus before walking away.

You finished taking a few sips of your drink before you lovingly gazed at your beautiful girlfriend.

It's been a while since you've been able to sit down and spend some time together like this, so you're soaking up every second spent with Mina on the lovely date night that she's treating you to.

"You know that I can feel you staring, right?" She asked as she put her phone back into her pocket before looking across the table to you.

"And? Do you think that will make me stop staring? You're so beautiful, I just can't help it." You smiled and she reached over to put her hands over yours, her gorgeous brown eyes sparkling upon hearing your words.

"You're beautiful, baby." She softly spoke. "I'm so happy that we get to spend some time together. Finally. Just the two of us."

You thought about getting up to go and sit beside her on the booth she was sitting on, but you both heard someone saying her name from across the room, and that interrupted you from doing so.

"Mina? Oh my gosh, is that you?"

You watched as Mina's eyes lit up upon recognizing the woman standing in front of your table.

You had no idea who she was but Mina clearly did.

"Oh, hi!" Mina said as she stood up, bringing the woman in for a hug. "It's so nice to see you again!"

"Nice to see you! I couldn't believe it was you. I knew I had to come over and say hi when I recognized you."

"I'm happy that you did!" Mina smiled.

You cleared your throat and suddenly, they both looked away from each other and over at you.

"Oh, sorry, babe. Y/N, this is my ex,"

As soon as those words left her lips you froze.

You didn't even care to know her name, it just went in one ear and out the other.

"It's nice to meet you, Y/N,"

You forced a smile and then looked back at Mina before looking back at her in confusion.

"Uh, not to be rude but we're kind of on a date here. So, if you don't mind..." You paused, hoping that she'd take the hint.

And she did.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't know. I didn't mean to interrupt." She innocently spoke.

"You weren't," Mina said, making you frown a bit. "I'm happy that you came by to say hello."

"Can I stay so we can catch up for a few?"

The question shocked you.

Did she not hear you say that you and Mina are in the middle of a date?

"Well, actually-"

"Of course," Mina smiled.

You scooted over to slide out of the booth and go to sit beside Mina so her ex could sit, well, not next to Mina.

But she just slid into the booth without any hesitation before you got the chance to go to Mina.

You awkwardly sat there in the booth, watching as they giggled together and made small talk.

You felt a little uncomfortable. You almost felt invisible.

"Look," You interrupted a few moments later. "As I said already, I don't want to be rude. But our food is going to be here soon. We're on a date, the first one we've been able to go on in weeks, and I'd appreciate it if you'd give us some time to ourselves."

They both looked at you but her ex just seemed to brush you off and continue hogging Mina's attention.

"Alright, screw this." You mumbled in frustration.

Your words weren't heard but as you got up and stormed off without even saying goodbye, that caught Mina's attention.

"Y/N? Baby? Where are you going?" She called out as she watched you head for the door.

"Well, looks like it's just us now." Her ex grinned as she brushed her fingers across Mina's.

"No. It's just you. I've got to go and talk to my girl and see if she's okay."

Her ex wrapped her fingers around Mina's as she tried to get up from the booth.

"Or, you could just... not."

Mina shook her head quickly and pulled away.

"We've been over for a while now. I'm in love with Y/N. She's the one for me. It was nice talking to you but if you think there's a chance that we could be together again someday, don't ever talk to me again. Because that's never happening."

Mina threw some money onto the table before grabbing her things and rushing out the door.

She looked around for you but didn't see you anywhere.

To her surprise, the car was still there.

But you weren't in it.

She called you and texted you a few times but you didn't reply, so she got into the car and headed home, looking for you along the way.

When she pulled into the driveway, she rushed up the front porch steps and into the house, and to her surprise, you were sitting right there on the sofa.

You were changed out of the outfit you put on for date night and changed into a cozy pair of sweats. You were watching reality tv and trying to block out Mina's presence.

"There you are! I was worried about you. I didn't know where you went off to." She said as she sat down beside you.

"You actually noticed that I left?" You sassed as you looked at her. "I'm shocked."

"oh, come on, my love. Please don't be like that." She pleaded as she put her hand over yours.

You breathed out a sigh before intertwining your fingers with hers, feeling her squeeze your hand a few times in comfort.

"I felt invisible. I thought we were on a date together and then she came along and you let her sit down and join us and it just," You paused and looked at Mina with sad eyes. "I thought you might be feeling something for her again."

"What? No, baby, never." She assured. "What she and I had has been gone for a long time now. That's in the past."

"I don't think she thought that."

"Yeah, I don't think so either." She sighed. "She wanted me to stay when I tried to get up and go look for you. But I made it clear that I'm in love with you and if she can't let go of what we had and only came to talk to me tonight in hopes of rekindling things, she doesn't need to talk to me again."

You smiled a little, finding comfort in the fact that if there were any feelings left from that relationship, it wasn't coming from Mina.

"I'm sorry. We ended on good terms so I thought she'd just want to talk and catch up for a bit about life and things like that. I love you and only you and I promise that will never happen again. You're the one that I love and want to spend my life with. No one and nothing can ever change that."

You leaned against her, placing your head on her shoulder as she put her arms around you.

"I love you too."

She kissed your head softly and started to play with your hair, continuing to assure you that she's yours; all yours and only yours.