Bathroom Meetings

"Are you sure you checked every inch of that wall?" Chikazoku asked, leaning against the tiles of the bathroom wall.

It wasn't long after the first night that Chikazoku took the leadership position and started ordering the others to report to the second floor bathroom each night. The first night at the bathroom was only the second night they were there.

All four of them were forced into the bathroom by the long haired man an hour after dinner. Kizuki was lounging back in the bathtub with a face mask on. Hanabata was leaning against the sink, checking his hair in the mirror right above it. Geten was sitting down on the bathtub rug while Chikazoku sat down on the toilet lid like a throne.

"Yes, I did," Geten rolled his eyes at Chikazoku's question. "I went all around the wall and even climbed up some of the trees to check if there were weak points higher up. And there were no weak points or holes anywhere. Not even a bird's nest on top of the wall."

Hanabata hummed from his spot, "The whole wall?"

"Yes! I woke up in the middle of the morning to start to check it out. I spent hours out there searching for a way out," Geten continued explaining while he clenched his fingers into the rug underneath him. "The wall has nothing there for us."

"Kizuki, are you even trying to find anything?" Chikazoku asked, looking at the blue skinned woman who looked like she would rather be anywhere else.

"Hell no. I'm just going to catch up on my historical drama," Kizuki leaned back against the tub with a smile. "Then I'm going to continue relaxing while trying out all those apps on the television," Kizuki sighed in relief, leaning over the side of the tub and resting her chin in her hands. "I want to catch up to the latest dramas and see what I missed."

Hanabata laughed, gesturing towards the tiled bathroom walls, "Have you forgotten where we are, Kizuki?"

"No, I haven't," Kizuki shrugged, "We are in a reform program. A program that most of us said yes to. I don't know about the rest of you, but I, at least, want to try."

"Are you sincerely giving up on the meta liberation army's purpose?" Chikazoku sneered.

"Hey, I just want to have a vacation away from prison!" Kizuki defended herself, her smile dripping into a frown. "Don't put words in my mouth. That's my job when I'm interviewing."

Chikazoku rolled his eyes at her response, "Hanabata, anything from you?"

"I'm going to try and butter up the therapist with my words. I can be very persuasive from my time as the head of my own political party," Hanabata answered, making Geten roll his eyes at his blatant arrogance. "I'm sure I can make him slip up somewhere in conversation about how to get out of here easier. There should be some sort of security system inside the house we can use to our advantage."

"You won't be getting anything out of him. Two other programs came before this one," Kizuki wave Hanabata's suggestion off with a scowl. "And if they couldn't get out without reforming, what makes you so sure that we will be able to?"

"The boss. I know he must have a plan. A plan that stops him from coming into this house so soon," Chikazoku explained, pulling up one of his legs into the toilet lid he was sitting on. "As long as we can gather as much information as we need, the boss won't let us fall into any trap."

"How can we be so sure?" Geten mumbled into his hand.

If the boss was so headstrong about his people, then why wasn't he already here with them? Why did he refuse? Would he actually come?

"Geten, check the wall again to be sure," Hanabata suggested but it felt more like an order from the way his eyes glinted in the bathroom light.

Geten groaned at his words, feeling his muscles ache from earlier today. He bit his lip and turned away as the others decided what to do without his input. Kizuki offering a few words here and there, but mostly relaxing back in the porcelain tub with a rolled up towel as a pillow behind her head.