10- Sleeves

"A sleeve?!?! No way in hell-"

"You're such a coward, initiate. It doesn't hurt that bad. Your first tattoo is free. Why not get more tattoo then?" Eric's smirk makes this feel like a trick. His face goes serious as he watches me. If I forgot all my memory right now, I'd think he's my friend. A very hot friend. A friend with big, strong arms and-

"I'm Tori. Look around for a tattoo, tell me when you've got one." I turn my head and nod. She says it like she's said it too many times today. I realize that she's looking at me funny. Tori has the face of a tattoo artist. Like one of those faces that always looks stern but not tough. Her hair is long and dark and her jaw is nicely pointed. She looks vaguely familiar. I must've seen her around the compound.

I walk around the tattoo parlor. Some of the designs look gruesome and creepy. I shudder when I see one of a spider on half a skull. A tattoo design does catch my eye though. I turn my head to see it. "You want flowers and vines? Really?" I startle at Eric's voice. I forgot he was here with me.

"I should have taken Cecelia and Jared instead," I murmur. He looks down at me, just a couple inches away now. "And why is that?" I look at his lips, finding the weird urge to- to what? Kiss him? What the hell is wrong with me?

I look away and go closer to the tattoo design. I hear a frustrated sigh from Eric. Why does he do that?

I take the paper off the wall and really look at it. It's a tattoo of flowers and leaves all connected in some way to a vine across. It's kinda girly but I like how it also looks mysterious, almost curious. I see Eric staring at me from my peripherals. "Where are you gonna get it?" He sounds so casual but I'm trying so hard not to have a meltdown.

"Half my arm." I show him from my shoulder to wear my arm bends. "Too scared for a full sleeve?" He says and chuckles darkly. I roll my eyes. I walk over to Tori. She doesn't look up in the dim lighting but she tells me to sit in a chair. I do as she gets her ink needles ready. My palms start sweating. Eric leans on the wall next to my right, clearly amused and definitely a jackass.

"You gonna back down, initiate?" I shake my head no and swallow. "Alright," Tori says, actually looking at me now. She pauses, her eyes widening a bit. I definitely recognize her now. She gave me my aptitude test. "Oh," is all I say. She purses her lips and looks down at her inking needles quickly. Tori seems tense and I don't know why.

She turns the tattoo needle on and it starts buzzing. She moves my short sleeve up, ready to start. I take a shaky breath in. "I'm not holding your hand, kid," Eric says. "Why are you even here with me?!" I ask, annoyed. "Why am I even here?!" He laughs.

The design is projected on my left arm from a projector above us. Tori says, "try not to move." I don't want to back out like a coward so I just bite the inside of my cheek and try to ignore the buzzing needle. She starts drawing with the needle on my skin.

OW! I don't say anything out loud but in my mind is cursing at Eric. He said it wouldn't hurt so bad! I try to focus on a design on the wall. A skull with flames is staring back at me. I feel like crying but I draw my attention back to the skull.

I feel his eyes on me. I want to rip that smile off his face. I feel my skin turn red as my anger thickens. "Stay relaxed," Tori says. "Tell Eric to leave first." I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh c'mon. Don't be like that." He says sweetly. He confuses me. One second, Eric talks like a dauntless leader and the next he talks sweetly. Mood swings.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I look at my arm that's now wrapped in plastic wrap. It hurts crazy bad but I'm trying to tough it out. "I think you're gonna regret getting that girly design, initiate." Eric says. I shake my head no and scoff. My pain is too strong for words.

I walk looking down and my mind flashes to the rankings. I'm seventh. Suddenly, I need to sigh to relieve me of my stress. Eric looks at me as we walk back to the dormitory.

"Why aren't you going another way? Don't you have somewhere else to be?" I ask genuinely curious although I sound bratty. He actually turns slightly red. Whoa. I just made tough Dauntless leader Eric embarrassed!! He clenches his jaw. Then, surprising me like he did earlier today, he pins me to the wall. I feel him breathing against me as I gasp. I look up at those now dark gray eyes of his and I see him looking at my lips.

Then, he kisses me. Making me forget about my rank and my anxiety and initiation.

I immediately take a step back only to realize I'm against the wall. Eric insists harder with attention grabbing kisses. I can't help but give in. Eric picks me up and holds me against the wall. I grab a fist of his hair and pull him closer. His body against mine feels like I'm close to the sun. It's like he radiates heat. And then...

He pulls away. My feet hit the ground. And I see his smirk and I feel utterly embarrassed. He steps away, catching his breath, smirking, and says, "good night, initiate." I walk back to the dormitory, feeling like a total idiot.

Hey guys, thanks if you clicked this and read it. That makes me really happy. I'd like to ask for your help!! Im kind of at a loss as to what's next :( I had ideas but I feel like they're boring and would be pointless. So if you can help me, please do. I would appreciate it super duper much ;) thanks!!!!!!! Bye bye <3