106

Tried to publish it three times but some error kept blocking it. I don't know if the edited version got uploaded or the none edited one.

********

The more Bondita avoided it, the more awkward would it get and she knew that. Ignoring him was not a good option since she knew he would too be a little shy talking to her after that.

He was. Aniruddh for a day or two didn't himself know where to look. Turn this way...it was Bondita. Trun that way, it was Sampoorna. And facing them both was humiliating after he got caught going through some personal items he was sure were never ment to be discovered by him. He was thankful Bondita was handling it well and didn't cut her time short with him. Neither Sampoorna behaved odd. Good. But whenever he saw Sampoorna only one thing came to his mind...she knew... And when Bondita stood infront of him...he knew. Knew what she might be wearing underneath. He should not be thinking of it but it was involuntary. She seemed uncomfortable at times. Had he not known the truth, he might not have caught on to her sometimes subtly adjusting it.

All this while his mind bore a real weight. A heavy one. Of guilt. Guilt that another woman had feelings for him.
Aarti...
It had been a week since then. He had not meant to hide it for so long from Bondita. Infact he would have told her the very day but things got derailed. And now Bondita was preparing for her final year of school. Getting new uniform made, planning the year, the excitement. She was not able to perform well last year as she was capable because of reasons unavoidable but this year she was determined to make up for it. Proud he was but she was also a wife. Unfortunately at the age where she should be only thinking of herself and her future, she was going to be burdened yet again. But she needed to know.

" Bondita..." Aniruddh sat in his study at the table as she sat on the sofa reading some story book after the breakfast.

She looked up. Every time she saw him these days, she was reminded of the feel of his fingers, the ones flicking the pages of some old book. " Ji Pati Babu..."

" When should we go for your books ?" He asked without looking up.

" Can we go this afternoon ? The weather is pleasant and Batuk would be free too."

" Ok." He saw her return to her book. " I have to talk to you." She looked up again. Shining eyes. Always at the prospect of a meaningful exchange with her Pati Babu. Aniruddh was nervous she won't look at him the same once he told her. Guilt was heavy on him. Maybe because once again there was someone...a woman... involved. His second marriage had not just shaken her trust him. It had destroyed whatever faith he had in himself. His fingers shook as he closed the book. He hoped she would understand he had not been looking for anything outside of this marriage. That he had not planned on attracting any one. That he was not at fault.

Bondita saw him take a seat across the coffee the table. He looked worried.
" Bondita...it is really important. I would not have said anything. Your new school year is starting and you are... happy. But...it really is important that I tell you." She brought her knees to her chest in anticipation, waiting. " Aarti... It is about Aarti."

" What about her ?" Bondita felt a little unsettled. Her Pati Babu had shared with her his dislike for Aarti's behaviour. She thought this was over.

" She came to me." Aniruddh emphasized. " She came looking for me the day you went for shopping. She shared something with me."

" What ?"

" Her feelings... about me. Bondita...she say...she says she likes me."

Of all the things she had running through her mind of the possibilities, this was nowhere near any of them. " What...do you mean she likes you ?"