Chapter-38 Realization

Author's POV

"Bhushan, trace the last location of Megha," Karthik called and informed Bhushan while Arjun called the police and Mr. Williams came to them tensely.

Within a few minutes, Bhushan traced her location and informed Karthik and the three of them reached that location with police.

Karthik looked at the car, which was completely damaged. For a second, his heart skipped a beat. The thought that she was inside is making him insane.

Police checked and confirmed she was not inside.

Karthik took a sigh of relief but that relief did not last long as he saw the blood on the road.

He followed the blood and looked at the man, who was moaning with pain clutching on his manhood.

Police quickly took him to their custody.

"It's ok, Karthik. Megha will be ok," Arjun tried to console his friend while walking with him, followed by Mr. Williams and police.

Upon walking a few steps, they came across a man on the ground, looking like someone had beaten him. He understood that Megha did this to that man.

He saw more blood after walking for a few more steps. His heart rate increased as his brain started imagining all the negative scenarios. He was sweating profusely as he walked on the road searching for his wife.

He ran to the nearest alley following the blood marks, Arjun and Mr. Williams ran behind him.

He halted in his place, looking at the scene. Two men were on the ground with blood. He walked past them with shivering hands and trembling feet... And there he saw a woman sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall with closed eyes.

She is gripping a glass in her hands, making blood flow freely from her hands.

"Megha," he yelled and ran to her. She is half conscious and looked at Karthik when he called her. He collapsed on the ground and took her into his arms.

"Megha!" he cried.

She smiled at him and closed her eyes, feeling safe. Till now she is conscious because she has to protect herself. After seeing Karthik, she fell unconscious because she trusts him and she knows he can protect her.

"Arjun, bring the car," Karthik roared while holding Megha tightly in his arms.

"Megha, please wake up," he was calling her continuously, but she was not opening her eyes.

He took that glass piece from her hands and threw it aside and inspected her hands. His heart clenched with pain when he saw the wounds on her head, legs and her pierced hands. A pang of anger surged in him when he saw the slap mark on her cheek. His blood boiled at the thought of someone slapped his wife.

"Mr. Williams, I will drive them to the hospital. Please clear this and come to the hospital directly," Arjun ordered as he drove the car to the alley, and Mr. Williams nodded.

Karthik picked her up in bridal style and walked to the car. Mr. Williams opened the car door for them and Karthik sat in the back seat holding her in his arms while Arjun was in the driving seat.

Arjun saw the pain in Karthik's eyes, the exact pain which he saw when he lost his mother.

"Megha, please wake up," Karthik mourned, holding back his tears. "Don't you dare to leave me, Megha."
"You can do whatever you want. You can order me around but don't leave me please," he is continuously murmuring, holding her to his chest like his life is dependent on her existence.

That moment he realized that he loved her, he freaking love her more than he ever imagined.

Arjun felt sad looking at Karthik's pain. He never saw his friend this vulnerable.