06

⚠️

⚠️

Von frowned in his sleep, feeling something damp rubbing against his face. Once he realized that he was sleep, his eyes popped open.

"It's okay. It's just me." Sakari mumbled, currently positioned on the side of him in his bed, a cotton pad in her hand.

"You passed out last night. My doctor came and checked you out. She said you were okay, and to let you rest. You overwhelmed yourself and raised your blood pressure. So I brought you some yogurt and oatmeal because she said that it helps." She got out of his bed, and she left for about two minutes, before coming back.

"I took your shirt off in case you got hot. Sorry. And um, the swelling in your face is going down because of some cold peas I found in your freezer. Why do you eat peas?" She paused, rubbing her thumb over the knuckle of her pointer finger.

"Oh! I stitched up your lip too. I did it all by myself. And so now, you look okay. Do you feel okay? Can I get you something?" She stopped herself from rambling, because it was what she did whenever she was nervous.

"Thank you." He mumbled, grabbing her hand that fidgeted, and she pouted, meeting his gaze.

"You scared me Von. What happened to you?" She wiped her face as a tear fell, and he frowned just a bit.

"Why are you crying?"

"You still look so sad. And you're so quiet, so you haven't told me enough for me to know how to help you." She sniffed, covering her face in her hands, knowing that it was red.

"Come here." He reached over, and she hugged around his neck, being pulled in his lap.

"Thank you." He repeated, and she nodded, rubbing the back of his head.

"You're so sweet. Who would do that to you?" She wiped her face, and he laid his head on her shoulder.

"You so sweet." He spoke back, and she smiled, holding him closer.

"Ion know why I feel like telling you my whole life story and I only been knowin' yo ass for two weeks." He mumbled, and she chuckled.

"You obviously don't have a lot of people who care for you. Every time I do something for you, you act like nobody has done anything nice for you. And I really hope that's not true, because you deserve better. You don't have to tell me what happened, if you're not comfortable."

"But I'm here to listen if you do wanna talk." She pulled him back from her shoulder, softly rubbing his face.

"Anybody ever told you that you talk too much?" He met her eyes, and she smiled.

"Yes. You." She said, and he matched her smile. She rubbed over where she'd stitched his busted lip, feeling bad all over again.

"My girlf-ex-girlfriend, did it." He told her, and she immediately frowned.