ASPIRATION. 05

⋄

it was weird. very weird. why?

the higher-ups suddenly requested for Todo and Megumi to take on a special mission together.

those 2, out of all people to take a mission, they were paired to take on the task of this mission.

"why do I have to go on a mission with him? 1 we don't go to the same college, 2 we have our own history and pasts with working with others, 3 it makes no sense."

it was also weird that Megumi was complaining to Gojo about his upcoming mission. he too agreed that it was rather odd, though waved it off with a smile.

"you can make more friends Megumi-chan~ just get your butt out there and hang out with good 'ol Todo. chop chop!"

the teacher clapped, signaling for Megumi to be on his merry way.

with a sigh, the ravennette left the office for another room in the campus.

"say hi Tsumiki for me!" Gojo called out.

.
.
.

why on Earth would the higher-ups send Megumi out on a mission with Todo? i haven't seen or heard from (Y/n) at all today either... what are they planning?

________________

Megumi made his way to Tsumiki's room where she rested peacefully despite bearing the curse which remained visible on her forehead.

externally he looked calm. just normal Megumi going off to who knows where.

but internally, he was still frustrated with his mission with Todo. it was never the idea of not wanting to take the mission itself.

definitely not.

it was Todo himself.

the guy that called him a loser, boring, lame, and having a weird taste in women. of all people, even if this was per the higher-ups request, just why him?

it made no sense.

he wished it could have been someone else. maybe Yuuji and Nobara, it's not like he hasn't done several with them before. his upperclassmen,Toge, Panda, and Maki, he respected them well and would be open to go on missions with them.

he wouldn't even mind going on missions with (Y/n), even if they weren't on speaking terms.

that day still replayed in the back of his mind like it was just yesterday.