~Inside His Head (Fedex)~

Do I even have to say it?          f                          e                          d                                    e                                    x

No, I don't think so. I also just realized that I've written more Sokeefe then Fedex and that needs to change. Now.

I'm going to try to make this a little less...fluffy because I'm getting tired of constant fluffiness.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Dex's POV✩

How I am this unlucky that I got into the Elementalism contest with HIM?! I wondered to myself as I walked the path to my least favorite elf house of all time, Everglen.

But let's slow down for a second and take the time to understand how I am somehow stuck at Wonderboy's house for at least three hours.

Every year at Foxfire, there's an Elementalism contest where you put two kids in a room full of rainbows, tornadoes, hurricanes, and other weather related phenomenons and see who can get more points in two minutes. You get points by bottling stuff, obviously, the harder to bottle, the more value.

I don't usually join the contests. It draws attention to me, unwelcome attention that I'd rather not have. But one day Stina Heks cornered me at lunch and said something.

"You know what would be hilarious? If Dex actually won the Elementalism contest!! Stina sneered at me.

At the time, I thought it would be pretty funny to actually win the contest just to rub it in her face, while at the same time proving that my family was just as capable of great things as anyone else, despite our controversy.

So I entered. And I didn't expect myself to make it into the top two! And I definitely didn't expect the other person in said top two to be Fitz Vacker!

Ew, I mimed gagged at the thought of Fitz as images of his beautiful teal eyes filled my mind. Gross.

I would've actually been pretty happy about this, on a normal occasion. Finally, a chance to kick Wonderboy's ass in something! Yay! Sunshine! Rainbows! Demolishment of Fitz's ego!

But there was something I forgot to take into consideration.

Fitz was a nice person. Like, a genuinely nice person. The kind of person that would help people in need without expecting to get anything from it.

Once again, gross.

And Fitz's kindness was also the reason why he invited me to come over to Everglen to practice bottling different kinds of weather.

And I was kinda sorta maybe kinda getting lost in his shimmering teal eyes, so I panicked and agreed.

Whoops.

So here I was, being guided by Fitz and Biana to the greenhouse where we would practice bottling clouds. Of course they have a greenhouse, why am I surprised?

"Fitz set up a little assortment of empty bottles for you because he's a neat freak," Biana explained as my periwinkle eyes gazed upon the organized basket of bottles. "Try not to feel too intimidated and creeped out."

"I am not a neat freak!" Fitz argued at his sister.

"Oh, you totally are," I snickered at the basket. "But thanks." As my eyes met Fitz's, I quickly added, "I guess."

"It's fine," he mumbled. "I get it, it was a little much."

"Fine, it might've been, but it's still nice," I said to him, the voice in my brain screaming at me something along the lines of, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING?!"

Fitz smiled at me, his perfect white teeth gleaming in the sunlight. I gritted my own teeth in frustration. Not at him, but more at myself for noticing stuff like that. Ew.

"Thank you," he said gratefully. He turned toward his sister. "See? Now that's how you support your older brother? Can you, like, replace Biana? Please?"

My head screamed at me angrily as I grinned sarcastically and replied, "I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure, with my dad's elixirs, I could make myself look like Biana if I tried hard enough."

Fitz chuckled with amusement as Biana glared at him. "I'll let you two do your thing, as long as you don't end up telling Della you're me. Don't replace Biana, please."

"You know how to bottle clouds, right?" Fitz asked me as she walked away. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"How stupid do you think I am?!" was the reply I wanted to retort. But my brain hasn't been exactly working well today.

"Of course," I managed to say, hoping Fitz didn't notice the twitching of my left eye.

"Here's your bottle, then," Fitz said to me, handing me a cool glass while brushing his pinky finger against mine as I grabbed it.

"Thank you," I grinned, uncapping the bottle and closing my eyes, imagining the huge, fluffy cloud above me dissolving into tiny water droplets and falling into the bottle like rain. I opened my eyes and smiled to myself as I gazed at the cool, smoky mist trapped in the glass.

Fitz was still closing his eyes, trying to get his first as I filled my third bottle. I debated asking if he was okay, but I didn't want to ruin his concentration. So I just stared at him.

Oh boy, how bad of an idea that was. Word of advice, never stare at Fitz. Ever.

Especially on a slightly windy day like today, when his dark chocolate hair blew in the gentle breeze and sunlight peeking through the cloudy sky illuminated his features, making his jaw look more chiseled and his shoulders look more broad. His teal eyes were closed peacefully as he smiled at the sky mysteriously, making me wonder what he was thinking about. A chuckle escaped from his lips, making me jump slightly.

"Fitz?" I asked him with concern, holding up an empty glass bottle that I was ready to slap him with if it turned out he just went insane.

"Fitz!!" I said louder, snapping him out of his trance. I tipped my head at him with confusion.

"You literally just spaced out for three minutes," I said, lowering the glass bottle in my hands as Fitz turned to look at me, a crimson blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Oh! Sorry," Fitz said quickly. "Just thinking about something..." Fitz shook his head at himself and took a quick, shallow breath. "Anyways, where were we?"

"I bottled my clouds already, so I'll just release them and catch them again, for more practice," I suggested. "You can finish yours before we move on."

Fitz nodded. "What were you doing with that one empty glass?"

A light pink coated my cheeks with embarrassment. "I was actually about to slap you with it before you woke up."

Fitz chuckled brightly. "Really?"

"In my defense, it was like, super creepy," I protested.

"Fair enough," Fitz shrugged, smiling at me.

"Are you done being creepy?" I asked hesitantly. Fitz chuckled again.

"Probably not," he answered, closing his eyes again and smiling, letting me wonder what was going on inside his head.