𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 → 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄 + 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Part 2 for you, @I_got_le_papayas and @sugarboca !!

💚

Safety. It was something (Y/n) believed to be inaccessible to her heart as it became secured by the padlock of Scourge's inhumane behaviour that kept danger chained to her most prominent thoughts.

She had remained in Sonic's house for quite some time. A week to this day, if you would like to be precise. And at this very moment, she allowed herself to sink into the comfort of the enticing silky material of his bed's mattress that he allowed her to remain within until she could get back to her feet.

She held a warm cup between her hands that couldn't receive much more heat from the soothing drink that swirled in a darkened shade that surprisingly provided her with relaxation and the sunbeams pouring in the room.

(Y/n) kept the mug lowered so the tips of its shining base could just about tap her ankles that allowed her feet to meet one another with crossed legs above the blanket of a tender blue. Such a shade had met her vision for a full week, and it was as if her (e/c) eyes had become so used to this that everything appeared the same hue.

The curtains glowed with blue, and so did the walls and the blanket enveloping her body for roughly seven nights to allow her to fall into the trap of slumber when she mostly needed it.

But most importantly, he whose home she had been so gracefully welcomed into radiated the same dazzling cobalt hue alongside his sweet behaviour and kindhearted intentions.

Sonic.

(Y/n) had felt a blazing connection spark between them every time her (e/c) orbs interlocked with his sparkling emeralds that always revealed the caring soul that thrived within him.

Since their encounter, she had gotten to know Sonic like the back of her hand. Like how she'd memorized the map of the planet, the structure of the solar system, every memory that could possibly be uncovered from many years ago or all the facts and figures she'd remembered from her youth's cravings to explore the world.

She felt like she'd known him for the whole of her life. Every day since being embraced into his humble abode Sonic had been reliving the whole of his life by becoming lost in his own words with (Y/n) not missing a single one.

She knew all about him - the hundreds of adventures he'd experiences, the incredible enemies he'd managed to defeat in a single battle, the people he'd met and the friendships that had bloomed through his heroic life.

And as their relationship blossomed into another flower of the garden of friends Sonic had planted through his audacious lifestyle, (Y/n) felt it needed to be something more.

She appreciated deeply how understanding Sonic had been over the past few days as she accounted her life that seemed to have been slammed closed as a separate chapter in her time on this planet that thrived today. She explained Scourge's manipulative behaviour further, Sonic innocently nodding to every word with a concerned frown.

And every night before collapsing into much needed sleep, she thanked him from the entirety of her heart that had always yearned for someone to talk to in such a therapeutic manner. Sonic perhaps couldn't quite predict the reasoning behind this, as to himself it was the simple gestures he was happy to provide to anyone he stumbled across that required his help, but to (Y/n) it was so much more.

Even though it had been only a week...

She craved for this kind attitude for as long as she could believe to be possible, Scourge's overpowering presence feeling like it chained her to no one but himself and kept her hidden from the world that didn't seem so bad now she'd managed to leave her home and see it for herself.