Chapter Twenty- Suspicions

*LORENZO*

If you asked me a month ago about that, I would say it was impossible. But after learning that Leila's parents weren't her biological ones, I'd say that it was very much possible.

The resemblance, the attitude, it all made sense. It also made sense when my wife pointed it out to me when I shrugged it off and told her that it was impossible.

I was sitting in my office when the door slammed open, and my wife walked in. She seemed to happy and excited.

I still remembered the day I met her. She was a maid at our house and I treated her terribly. She was timid and shy, but deep down was a girl who never backed down from a life challenge.

"I don't mean it in a bad way, but why are you so happy?" I asked, arching my brows.

She sat down on one of the chairs and placed her legs on the table in front of her. She sighed and looked mischievously at me.

"Our son is getting married!" she squealed excitedly, making me choke on my saliva.

"What?" I started laughing.

"He and Leila, are finally together."

Well, shit.

Before I could say anything, she continued. "Look, I know you always wanted our kids to marry from Spanish family, especially Spanish mafias, but Leila is a good person and I am sure that it won't be a problem."

I sighed, not knowing how am I going to tell her the news. I had both bad and good news.

But the end result was still bad...

"Val..." I started and then sighed, not knowing what to say.

"Yes, honey? Are you mad?"

"No, no, baby, I am not. It's just..."

"Tell me," she said as she stood up and came my way. She sat on my lap and took my cheeks between her warm hands. "What is it?"

"Leila told us yesterday that her parents weren't her biological ones."

She remained quiet for few seconds until her eyes widen. She placed on of her hands above her mouth, probably in shock of what I had just said, and in shock of who Leila's parents possibly are.

"So, you're saying that what I predicted could be...true?" she asked in disbelief.

"Could be, but still, his relationship with Leila is going to complicate things."

"Why?"

"You know why, Val."

"You're right..." She groaned. "Why does everything that's related to Demetrio always becomes complicated?" She huffed, clearly annoyed.

"I agree. He's cursed."

"Don't say that!" She smacked my arm lightly.

I chuckled.

"So what are we going to do?" she asked.

"I don't know."

"We have to tell them, right?"

"We do Val, but we have to be sure first. We can't just tell them that their kidnapped daughter is back and might be living with us."

"You're right," she sighed. "If it was true, they would never forgive themselves when they know what she went through."

"I agree," I nodded.

* * *

*LEILA*

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. Despite yesterday's event were grim, my kiss with Rio erased all that. I couldn't even sleep without replaying the kiss multiple times. At night, I wanted to bad to go to his room and kiss him again, but I was too shy. But he was kind enough to let Cindy sleep with my tonight. Besides, Cindy loves me more because I don't annoy her.

"Hey, baby," I cooed Cindy as I petted her.

She purred as she closed her eyes and went back to slumber.

I went to the bathroom and did my usual routine of taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

When I wore my outfit for today which consisted of black leggings, oversized grey t-shirt with graphics on it, and white Nike air force, I left my room and went to Rio's.

I was so nervous and scared for some reason.

I gently knocked on the door and waited for him to open. After few seconds, the door opened and my eyes slowly racked from his feet to his head.

Don't let me start on the middle part.

He was only wearing black jeans, shirtless, and water dropped from his hair as he semi-dried it with the towel in his hand.

Everything was sexy, from head to toe.

"Good morning," he said, smiling down at me as his eyes glistened.

"G-Good morning," I said, still looking at his chest. I only averted my gaze when he chuckled and said, "You like what you see?"

And the stupid me? Well, I replied with a yes.

"I mean...I-I, don't know?" I stuttered like a kid, avoiding his gaze.

God, I want to die.

He gently grabbed my hand and pulled me inside his room, closing the door behind me. He gently pushed me against the door and closed the gap between us.

He kissed my lips with too much longing, just the way I felt exactly. He placed both of his hands on either side of my face and deepened the kiss.

"Gosh...I can't get enough," he groaned, placing his forehead on mine.

"Me too," I replied and kissed him again.

After two minutes of kissing, we backed away, breathing heavily. I had never been kissed like that before. Those kisses were different, more passionate, and had more love in them.

At least that's what I felt.

"You're going to be the death of me, you know that?" he said with a smile.

Before I could answer, a knock on the door stopped me from saying anything.

I moved forward so Rio could open the door and when he did, Dalilah was standing behind it.

"Dalilah? What is it?"

She looked between us in suspicion before saying, "Angelica and her parents are coming again. She wants to apologize to Leila and everyone."

I wanted to laugh so hard, but contained it. After all, who am I to question her. I had to give her the benefit of the doubt and see where was that going to go.

"Fine," Rio replied and closed the door, in her face.

"Don't do that..." I said in a frown.

"Do what?" he asked.

"Be rude to her."

"As long as she befriends Angelica, I will stay rude to her."

"But you know she doesn't have a choice, right? She going to get married to Angelica's brother soon."

"I know," he said and sighed. "I hate that."

"Why?" I asked, getting closer to him.

"I don't like Adam."

"But he was your friend," I said, still frowning.

"Was my friend."

"What did he do?"

"He only became my friend to get to my sister."

* * *