Chapter Thirty Two

"Alright, that's it for today!" Leo exclaimed as he closed his laptop shut. "If I study anymore then my brain is going to melt and drip right out of my ears."

"Thanks for the beautiful mental image," Milan cringed.

"What? Are you saying you won't be with me if my brain melts out of my ears?" Leo fake gasped. "I'm hurt, Mila, I thought I meant more to you than that."

"I will still like you if you're a brainless zombie." Milan replied with a playful roll of his eyes.

"And what if I turn into a frog?"

"Haven't you read the fairytale? I'll kiss you. Duh."

"What if I turn into a worm?" Leo questioned, a thoughtful look on his face.

"I'll still be with you."

"Spider?"

"Okay, I have to draw the line here." Milan shook his head. "I might have to break up with you then."

"You know what? I'd be offended but I understand." Leo nodded.

"I should get back home now," Milan said, before getting up from the chair.

"Already? I thought you were staying the night." Leo frowned.

"I was?"

"Yeah," Leo shrugged, "I mean, only if you want to."

"I'll text my mom to let her know," Milan replied with a shy smile.

"Cool." Leo leant forward to give Milan a quick peck, "what do you want for dinner?"

"Are you cooking again?" Milan's face lit up, making Leo chuckle. "Or are we ordering?"

"How about I make some pasta?"

"Sounds perfect," Milan grinned.

Leo gave Milan some space to talk to his mom, and went down to start preparing for dinner.

Even though the two forgot to set an alarm, Leo fortunately woke up around an hour after they laid down for their nap. He couldn't help but smile as he remembered how adorable Milan looked when he was sleeping. Well, he looked adorable even when he was awake, but that's another matter altogether.

It was hard to believe that a few months ago, Leo didn't even know who Milan was. Sure, he remembered seeing him around in school, and in his classes, but he never paid him any attention. He was just another face in the crowd, and now he was the only face that Leo sought after in every room.

Milan went from being nobody, to being one of the most important people in Leo's life. Not only that, his warmth and his ability to only see the good in people was so contagious that it made Leo want to be a better person. It made him want to open up his heart that he had locked and hidden away. And Milan didn't even mean to do it, it just happened.

Leo didn't have any experience in love or relationships. But he had seen people around him be in love. He always noticed how Kai's face would light up every time Roan would walk in the room, and how Roan's voice would shift each time and become softer when he was talking to his husband.

Milan's presence too, always lit up Leo's day. Every moment that they were away from each other, he was all that Leo could think about. And when they were together, Leo just wanted time to freeze. He wanted those moments to last forever.

Leo had even started looking forward to waking up in the morning just so he could get up and pick up Milan for school. Mornings and school, two things that he absolutely dreaded before Milan came into his life. Leo mentally thanked Mr. Sorkin for making him join the Mathletes, it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him.