Chapter 77

"You don't play with fire
                        unless you wanna
                               get burned."

"Jade. Get up," Max hobbled into his sister's room, almost breaking the door with how hard he had threw it open as he started to tear the covers onto the floor.

"What in God's name do you want?" she grumbled, burying her face in her pillow. She could already feel sleep trying to take over her body again, and she didn't try to fight it off. There was a chill in her room as she tried to adjust to the sudden coolness.

"You need to heal my leg, Stiles is missing and we need to find him. Get up and help!" Max sighed as he flopped down onto the bottom of her bed, clutching his chest as he could feel a panic attack starting to kick in.

"What do you mean Stiles is missing?"

In her whole life, Jade had never felt more awake than when she heard those words being spoken. She jumped up, almost kicking him in the ribs in the process. Her hand hovered over his leg as she muttered an incantation while simultaneously trying not to freak out.

Leaving Max to sit on the bed and wait out his panic attack which was increasingly getting worse, she pulled open a drawer in her desk. She sat herself cross-legged on the carpet, placing four candles in a circle around her. This was a case where she really needed the candles, so she'd get a definite location.

The orange hue lit up the room as she could feel a warmth creep up her arm from the flame. Breathing deeply, she sliced into her palm with the silver handled knife, deeper than what she usually would. "Stiles Stilinski." Blood ran down her wrists, falling onto the map as she spoke clearly.

"Lydia called. She has a banshee feeling," Isaac and Scott burst into the room, slowing to a stop when they saw the ritual that was happening.

"Eichen house," Jade wiped her blood stained hand onto a rag next to her, glancing up at the three teenagers who were staring down at her.

"I'll go with Scott to find Lydia, you and Isaac head up to the sheriff's office and we'll meet you there. We'll go to Eichen soon," Max ordered, jumping to his feet, finally after slowing down his breathing.

Jade grabbed her car keys off her bed side table, sharing a nod with Isaac as they passed, slamming the front door behind them.

Maybe she'd have to rethink her policy of not driving over the speed limit. Just for special occasions like now, though.

                                       ~

Jade pressed the button on her key, hearing a beep behind her as the car locked. She ran ahead of Isaac, pushing open the double doors to the sheriff's station. She couldn't ignore the feeling that was coursing through her body; like popping candy, making her feel like uneasy, as if it wasn't possible to sit still.

Walking up to the front office, she slammed her hands down on the desk, startling the man who was typing away on the computer. "Hi. How can I help-"

"Where's Stilinski?" she raised a brow, ignoring the exasperated sigh from Isaac and the confused glance that he shared with the deputy.

"Could I ask what it's related to?" he queried, crossing his arms. He didn't want to just tell this random teenager where the sheriff was; for all he knew, she could be here to kill him. That would definitely do him no favours in getting a promotion.

"Listen, Parrish," she squinted, reading the small block writing on his name tag. "If you don't get Stilinski out here right now, it's not gonna be pretty. So please, for the love of all things above-"