An eccentric family reunion

Summary: A mission goes wrong and this turns out to be the perfect opportunity for you to meet your girlfriend's family.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: fluff; injuries; gunshot wound; blood

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Stumbling through the alleys of the city, you keep one hand firmly pressed to the wound on the side of your body while the other holds your cell phone against your ear, waiting for Natasha to answer.

When you hear the woman's husky voice saying "hello," you smile.

"Hey, babe." You reply breathlessly as you lean against the cold wall of some building. "Who is it?" She asks, sounding apprehensive and you smile in amusement. "Are you seeing other people besides me?! Ouch. You could have told me, I wouldn't mind as long as I was the hottest one."

"I just want to confirm it's really you, asshole." She retorts and you giggle, imagining her rolling her eyes in that way you miss seeing so much.

Since the problems brought on by the Sokovia Accords, the relationship between the members of the Avengers has become extremely troubled. But it was only when some of your friends were arrested as the criminals they are not, that the team went down the drain.

After saving them from the raft, you and the others met outside the country, in a safe place. After discussing what would be done next, it was decided that you would travel alone around the world to protect yourselves from attempts by the U.S. government, supported by the UN, to capture the Avengers who opposed the Sokovia Accords. Or rather, outlaws, as the entire government and media decided to call you now.

The idea of traveling alone did not appeal to you at all, since it would mean being away from your girlfriend. But deep down you knew that this was necessary, so you agreed, however reluctantly.

A little more than a year has passed and you are still on the run. You and Nat have managed to meet a few times, at least, but most days you have spent away from each other, and today is exactly one of those days.

"Of course it's really me, my darling." You answer her question with a weak chuckle, the bleeding making you think more slowly. "What was the color of the dress I wore on our first date?" Nat asks in a challenging tone, and you smile at her wary attitude.

"We've never had a first date," you reply with a chuckle, "and I hope you know it annoys me deeply." You comment in a playfully offended tone and smile wider as you hear her laugh on the other end of the line.

"I know, you say that all the time." She says annoyed and you giggle, humming in agreement. "Why are you calling me?"

"What? A girl can't call her girlfriend because she missed her?" You playfully retort as you perform an impromptu tourniquet with your flannel jacket. When you finish with a squeeze, you grunt in pain. It's low, but Nat's next words let you know that she heard. "Are you okay? Were you hurt?"

"I'm fine," You reply amid a sigh as you brace yourself against the wall again, "except for the fact that I'm probably bleeding to death in an alley." You grumble and Nat gasps in irritation. "(Y/n)!"

"I'm sorry!" You reply immediately. "How was I supposed to know they'd be waiting for us in St. Petersburg?" You argue. "St. Petersburg? What are you doing there?" Nat questions, and imagining her frown makes you smile.

"Steve had a mission for me." You explain, glancing down the street to see if you're being followed. Luckily, there's no one. "Apparently Ross is making deals with the Russians to strengthen surveillance on some borders. They aren't happy with a vibranium synthezoid missing around the globe."