The perfect date

Summary: You and your girlfriend share a date you will never forget.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

Notes: Texts in italics are memories.

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It is almost half-past seven in the evening, so you make your way to meet Wanda, in your shared room.

With the door open, you see her right away, and your breath hitches at the scene.

Facing the mirror, the Sokovian watches her reflection intently as she finishes the last details of her eyeliner. Placing your hands in your pants pockets, your heart almost stops as your eyes admire your girlfriend's figure.

The girl is wearing a long black dress. The outfit is simple yet elegant, the dark color highlighting her red locks.

With a fond smile on your face, you flashback to the past.

You hurriedly put your clothes and personal belongings into your backpack, your eyes frequently scanning the room for what might be missing.

A few minutes ago, Steve had come looking for you, calling you in for an emergency mission, and now you needed to rush to be ready in time, the sound of the quinjet making itself heard in the distance.

With your heart pounding in your ears, you don't hear the light knocks on your door, much less when it is opened soon after.

"Hey, Y/n/n." The voice is low and hesitant, but you're startled by the unexpected sound. "Hey, Wands." You greet your best friend with a fond smile on your face, but the smile she gives you in return doesn't reach her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Are you leaving?" The brunette asks, ignoring yours and pointing to the bag on your bed, "Yeah, I'm going on a mission with Steve." You explain and the girl nods slowly.

"I'll be back soon, though," you say, trying to comfort her, "we can binge-watch horror movies when I come back." You suggest.

After you found out that the other had frequent nightmares, you started having sleepovers, which became more and more frequent as one became more and more reliant on the other's company.

"Would it be all right if I borrowed your sweater?" Wanda asks after a few seconds of silence, taking you by surprise. "It smells like you." She adds shyly, a curious blush on her cheeks as she anxiously twirls the rings on her fingers.

Something clicks inside you at that moment. Something that makes your heart beat faster, makes your thoughts shuffle, and makes you see the girl before you in a completely different way.

"Y/n," a third voice makes itself heard in the room and you startle. When you look at the door, you see Steve. "It's time." The blond man says, exchanging a warm smile with Wanda next.

"I'm coming." You let him know, and the captain nods, retreating from the room shortly thereafter. Looking at Wanda again, the unfamiliar feeling takes over again, and you clear your throat a few times to pull yourself together.

Going to your closet, you take one of your sweatshirts, your favorite, actually. Walking back to Wanda, you hand the garment to her in silence, and the girl takes the item with a grateful smile, hugging it against her chest like a life raft and you feel your whole body being drawn towards her.

"I'll talk to you as soon as I can." You manage to say amidst so many brand new thoughts. In response, Wanda throws herself against you, wrapping her arms around your neck.