The threatened Halloween tradition

Summary: One of the traditions you and Wanda have built into your relationship is to watch scary movies on Halloween. Nothing ever gets in the way of it, but when the two of you get into an ugly argument, maybe something will.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: argument, jealousy, angst with happy ending

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It's unbelievable that Hydra would not leave you alone even at Halloween season.

In some small country in Eastern Europe, you, Wanda, Yelena and Steve were on a mission. While the Captain and the witch covered the perimeter from afar, you and Yelena inspected the place more closely.

The drugstore looked ordinary, just like any other drugstore you had ever been to in your life. It was hard to believe that there was any suspicious terrorist activity there, but if there were reports, then there would be an investigation.

"We can't see anything from out here, we're going in." Yelena informed the others through the comms and soon Steve's response sounded in both of your ears. "Okay, be careful."

Inside, the few shelves were arranged quite neatly. Too organized, perhaps. Before you can take a closer look, a strange voice sounds just behind you.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?" Says the young man, and you turn to see a friendly, helpful face. You and Yelena glance at each other briefly.

"S-sure, we're looking for condoms." The blonde lies awkwardly, and you widen your eyes instinctively. "It's for a special occasion." She adds, wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you in sharply, and it takes all in you not to face-palm yourself.

"It's our first time." You say, trying to sound genuine, hugging Yelena back. "Oh, sure. Let me see what I have." The man says somewhat clumsily, and then turns to walk to the counter.

"Condoms?" You gesture with your mouth, looking at Yelena with brows furrowed in disbelief, and the blonde shrugs, then answering in the same way, "I don't know, I panicked."

Meanwhile, Wanda and Steve move strategically through the shops across the street so they can get a view of the two of you, your conversations being heard by them through their comms. With each new pet name and exchange of caresses, the witch's blood boiled further.

"Okay, love, I have a bit of a headache, I'll see if I can find some medicine, alright?" You say eventually and walk away from the two as soon as Yelena agrees, leaving the blonde with the plethora of condoms the guy was trying to sell you.

You walk through the aisles slowly, pretending to look at the products on display but instead searching around for any suspicious objects or movements.

"Did you find anything, Y/n?" Steve's voice sounds over the comms just as you finish checking one of the shelves and you huff in displeasure.

"Nothing, it looks like an ordinary drugstore." You say, your eyes briefly returning to the counter where Yelena and the attendant are standing. "There's a door behind the counter, but I can't access it without the attendant seeing me. We'll have to come back another time."

"All right, get out of there. Let's go back to the compound and think of something else." Steve instructs and you mumble an agreement before walking over to the counter.

"Babe, can we go?" You say as you approach Yelena. The blonde lifts her gaze to you with questioning eyes and nods when you let her know, with a discreet motion of your head, that you found nothing suspicious. "Sure, honey, I was just finishing picking."

"Okay, here's my pills," you say, handing her the cartridge of headache medicine, "I'll wait for you outside." You inform, and before the blonde can even make any objections, you leave the drugstore.