Extra Story - Jude's Prowess

(A/N: This chapter takes place before Jude went to Xyrus Academy. It is non-cannon because this did not occur in the story but this does show how strong Jude was as a high silver core stage mage and is cannon in terms of scaling like the previous chapter. )

Jude POV:

Xyrus Academy was going to start in a few days. I had already reached high silver core stage and it was decided that I was to test my strength against Varay. I had already surpassed the likes of Bairon and other lances when I entered the mid silver core stage.

I entered into the training room that would serve as the battle ground. It was strengthened by mana and was used by the lances, so it should be enough to contain our attacks. My opponent also entered the battlefield. King Blaine and Queen Priscilla as well as Bairon and other royal guards were also there. These royal guards were tiers above the mages the royals had brought with themselves in the auction house.

They were silver core mages and they served to protect the royalty from the shockwaves from my attacks as they wanted to watch. Curtis and Kathyln were also there, seated next to their parents. Finally, the last one to enter was Master Galahad. 

His presence brought unpleasant expressions of the face of Blaine and possibly the other royal guards. 

He gave me a nod and a thumbs-up. I responded to him with a nod as well before looking at Kathy. She looked at me as if she was sure that I would win. I hid a grin that had started to appear on my face as I turned towards my enemy. 

"This will be an all-out battle between Lance Varay and Jude Leywin. The purpose of this battle is to gauge the strength of Jude. Do not hesitate to go all out as I will step in the middle if it goes out of control," Galahad announced with a deep, booming voice.

I turned towards my opponent and we both shortened the distance between us.

Kathyln POV:

If Jude was fighting any other lance, I would be 100% sure he would win. However, I knew that lance Varay was on a different level from the other lances. She is capable of easily defeating Bairon and that is what makes this a difficult fight for Jude.

However, I knew that Jude would still manage to pull out a victory here. That he would still win even if the odds are stacked against him. 

Both of them moved towards each other till there was just a few metres of distance between them. 

Immense pressure was released from both of them. Everyone watched in silence, too afraid to even blink. 

Third POV:

Varay suddenly disappeared and she struck out with a frozen lance. Jude unsheathed his sword and broke the lance using wind magic. 

She distanced herself from Jude before releasing a barrage of ice spears. Jude used [Twelve Thunderbolt Steps] to dodge most of them and used his sword to cut through the rest. 

He managed to cover the distance between them and slashed with his sword covered in purple lightning. His sword strike was stopped by Varay who conjured a thick ice block. The ice block was almost destroyed and barely managed to stop his attack.

She then waved her arm and a vortex of frost swirled to life, forming into a spiralling serpent. 

The ice dragon charged at Jude, who also readied his attack. 

[Black Dragon Cross Strike]

Blue flames and purple lightning combined around his sword to form a black dragon. This black dragon clashed against the white dragon, with the latter shattering instantly. Jude sped up even more and dodged Varay's attacks. He then tricked her by striking by using [Solar Flare] to bait out her ice block spell, only to let go of the sword and transferring the blue flames to his hand.

He punched her from around the ice block, however, Varay managed to keep up with him and didn't take a big injury. 

"Let's get serious now?" Jude asked as he used wind magic to levitate his sword to him.

She nodded her head and used her full power. She was completely clad in frost as if her body was carved out of ice. Every strand of her hair looked like crystalline thread while her eyes glowed a bright blue. 

Jude gathered wind, lightning and fire magic to surround his body. Lightning magic amplified his reaction speed and his body's speed, fire magic amplified his attack power and wind magic worked to amplify his sword's cutting power and allowed him to float. He would have used ice magic as well but that was impossible because of Varay's absolute control over it. 

Galahad got a serious expression on his face as he conjured a wind shield around all of the spectators. In fact, he had conjured three wind shields simultaneously.

Everyone was in awe of the mana energy that was being given off by the two while Galahad also readied himself to intervene. 

Both of their figures shimmered and disappeared as even the royal guards weren't able to keep up with their movements. Varay used a ice lance to clash directly against Jude's first attack, before distancing herself and conjuring dozens of ice swords. However, Jude used blue flames to melt her spell before they got close enough. 

Jude summoned more blue fire and shot instantly towards Varay, cutting through her spells with ease. He continuously used All-seeing eyes to located and then summoned blue flames over any spell Varay tried to conjure to melt them instantly.

He forced her to a losing melee battle. She had conjured a crystalline sword in each hand. Both of them clashed hard, with Varay repairing the swords as they kept on getting damaged.

She slowly backed away, unable to fight back against Jude's strength. His movements were fluid and strong, and he had the upper hand. 

Jude suddenly instantly destroyed Varay's swords, shocking everyone. He was secretly injecting his mana inside her swords whenever he chipped them, and after much accumulation, he was able to destroy them.

She was caught off-guard and Jude punched her using [Solar Flare]. Varay was trying to conjure the swords and wasn't able to prepare enough defences. The ice around her began to thaw from the punch to her weak spot. 

Her form shimmered out and she said, "I acknowledge defeat."

Jude extended his hand towards her and said, "It was a good duel, Lance Varay."