19

I just realized, I havent mentioned this yet
If anyone is genuinely invested in this story and wants to read the whole thing, its fully posted on ao3
'Flowers by Lalunenix'

I have a decent number of other stuff that's angst and hurt/comfort like this there too that's not on this acc. if you were interested

I'm just fucking lazy and haven't had the motivation to copy chapters onto wattpad cause the chapters dont line up between wattpad and ao3

and im ngl I kinda hate wattpad's formattiong (im just on here cause my ex was stalking me for a while its a whole thing)
---
CW - near suicide attempt, f slur (don't condone, I can reclaim considering I am a gay trans man lol), mitsuki being an ass
---
“Katsuki, have you found your soulmate yet? Is she beautiful?” Bakugo’s grandmother asked.

“No soulmate yet, grams.” Bakugo responded. If he couldn’t tell his mom about his soulmates, he sure as hell couldn’t tell his grandma.

When they got home, Bakugo’s mother stopped him before he could escape to his bedroom. “On the topic of soulmates,” She said, “Izuku still doesn’t know, right?”

“Of course he doesn’t, old hag,” Bakugo responded. He could see her hand begin to lift to thwack him across the head, but when her eyes darted to his arm, where she had hit him, she let her hand fall back down.

“Good,” She snapped. “Because I will not have a little faggy son living in this house.”

Bakugo just nodded, excusing himself, and walking back to his bedroom.

She will not have a little faggy son living in this house. He wasn’t just going to magically turn straight, and he couldn’t exactly fully move out. She was going to have a ‘little faggy son’ no matter what anyone did. She won’t have a little faggy son living in this house. But, she can have a little faggy son dead in this house. He knew that train of thought was illogical, but that didn’t stop his line of thought in any way.

Bakugo had everything he needed in his room. He had kept it for years, ‘in case of emergencies’, but now, that didn’t bode so well for him.  He pulled the little box out of the closet, opening it, revealing a rope, already tied, a bottle of pills, and a knife.

As he emptied it onto the floor, he began shaking. He didn’t want to do this. Bakugo scooted as far away from the pile of stuff as he could. It felt as if he was there for hours, shaking and rocking back and forth, just trying to convince himself to not do it. He didn’t want to - he really didn’t - but when he had everything he needed to so close, it was much harder than he would’ve expected. He couldn’t take this panicking any longer. It was already nearing two am, and Bakugo knew he should call Midoriya or Kirishima, but it was late, and he didn’t want to wake either of them up. He reached for his phone and instead began dialing his most-recently added contact.

“Who is this?” A groggy voice said from the other side.

“Bakugo. Katsuki,” He responded quickly.

“What’s goin’ on kid?” Aizawa immediately sounded much more alert - and much more concerned.

“Can’t be alone right now.”

“Do you need me to come get you? Or do you just want to talk?” Aizawa asked. Bakugo didn’t understand how he stayed so calm, yet did it in a way that was clearly intentional and didn’t make it seem like he was just calm because he didn’t care.

“I- I think you might need to… I just… I don't know if I’m safe alone right now…”

“Where are you right now?”

“ ‘m at my house… Can we meet outside? I don’t want to wake my mom.”

Bakugo gave Aizawa his address, and then quietly snuck out in front of his house, sitting out on the sidewalk. Seven minutes later, Aizawa was standing in front of Bakugo and helping him up off the concrete.

“Do you want me to take you to Midoriya or Kirishima’s house?” Aizawa asked. His arm was wrapped protectively around Bakugo’s shoulder, halfway supporting the boy’s weight.

“No… can I just stay with you?”

“Okay, kid,” Aizawa said with a sigh. He honestly would have felt more comfortable had Bakugo stayed with someone he was closer to like his boyfriends, but if this was what he would rather, Aizawa would comply. “It’s gonna be a little bit of a walk. Is that okay with you?” Bakugo just nodded.

They walked through the dark neighborhood, Bakugo leaning into Aizawa for support. At first Aizawa had been concerned that he was injured, but soon realized that Bakugo was just exhausted, having barely slept since the night previous, at least. Aizawa didn’t ask what happened that made Bakugo need to call him in the first place. He wanted to give Bakugo a chance to bring it up himself instead.

When Bakugo did speak up, Aizawa thought it would be to tell him what was wrong, but instead the boy had said, “I’m sorry for making you come get me in the middle of the night.”

“There’s nothing to apologize for,” Aizawa responded. “I gave you my personal phone number for a reason.”

Bakugo didn’t speak again until they arrived at Aizawa’s apartment. When he went inside, he was instructed to sit on the sofa.

“Would you like some tea?” Aizawa spoke from the kitchen.

“Sure,” Bakugo responded. He sat on the sofa, scanning his eyes over the dark room. There was at least a week's worth of empty coffee mugs scattered across the living room. He felt a funny tickling on his legs, and looked down to see a cat. He reached down, beginning to pet them, when a voice spoke from the doorway.

“Her name’s Miso,” Aizawa said, standing in the doorway, and holding two mugs. He walked over, handing one of the mugs to Bakugo. “It’s supposed to help you sleep.”

“Thank you.”

“What happened, kid?” Aizawa found a seat on the sofa, next to the boy, but with a comfortable amount of space between them.

“I didn’t relapse,” Bakugo responded, refusing to look anywhere in the direction of his teacher. “My mom… was being an old hag, and said she didn’t want a faggot son living in her house… So I thought I could give her a faggot son dead in her house instead…” He whispered. “I called you before I did anything. I just knew if I stayed alone much longer… I would have done something.”

“What your mother said to you wasn’t okay. It says nothing about you and what you’re really like. All it does is prove what a… a horrible mother she is.” He watched, as Bakugo took a sip of his tea, not responding, but still obviously listening. “Did you… do anything, before you called me?”

Bakugo stayed silent for a few moments, still drinking his tea, before he answered. “I got out the stuff to do it. I didn’t do anything with them though.”

“It?” Aizawa said, requesting clarification.

“Not self harm… more like the final it.”

“Do you still want to right now?”

“No. I don’t think I really wanted to from the beginning, but I especially don’t now.”

Nodding, Aizawa gave Bakugo a small smile and wrapped his arm gently around the boy, trying to give him a quasi-hug without scaring him. “I’m glad you remembered to call me kid.” Bakugo just hummed. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m,” Bakugo paused, “Not about to kill myself, but not great…”

“What do you want me to do?” Aizawa tightened his arm around Bakugo’s shoulders.

“Can we just sit? Maybe turn on some cartoons?… or just trashy TV?”

“Okay kid, we can do that.” Aizawa pulled away from the boy, standing up to grab the TV remote. When he returned to the sofa, he picked Miso up and set her in Bakugo’s lap, and returned to Bakugo’s side.

}{

wc: 1200