25

It had been nearly four weeks since Bakugo had returned to his home, other than the few visits he had to pick up clothes and other things he left there. By now, it was nearly as if more of his stuff was at Kirishima or Midoriya’s house than was at his own. He missed his room sometimes, and even occasionally his dad too, but overall, he was much happier getting to stay with Midoriya and Kirishima. It made him glad his parents had never gotten him a cat or dog like he had begged for for years as a child, because he knew that leaving would not be nearly as easy if he had something so important to leave behind. Given how long it had been, he started thinking that maybe he should call his father. It’s not like he had done anything so blatantly wrong as his mother had, he had just been oblivious to certain things a parent should do for their children. He knew his relationship with his mother was doomed and likely unfixable, but with his father, he thought he might still have a chance. Masaru had reached out to him once or twice to make sure he was doing okay, but Bakugo’s answers had been short, curt, and as vague as possible.

This specific night, he was staying with Kirishima. Kirishima had stayed inside to work out in preparation for some upcoming endurance tests at school, but Bakugo had gone outside instead, to sit on the porch and enjoy the nice weather. It was a spur of the moment decision when he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and began dialing one of the first phone numbers he’d ever learned.

It rang two times, and then a voice from the other end said, “Katsuki?”

“Hey, old man.”

Has something happened? Masaru asked. He sounded concerned, which made Bakugo’s brow furrow. When had his relationship with his father dissipated so much that they couldn’t call without assuming the worst?

“No, nothing, just hadn’t talked to you in a while.”

So… You’re doing okay then… And calling me because you just wanted to talk?

“Yep, pretty much. How are you and the old hag doing?”

Well, your mom and I have been doing okay. I miss you plenty, but I think it’s better for you when you’re away from her. Are you still staying with your soulmates?

“Yeah, Izuku and Eijiro. I go back and forth every week or so and I’m at Eijiro’s now.”

So, the red haired one then?

“Right. I was talking to Auntie, Izuku’s mom Inko, about it, and maybe… You could come over for dinner sometime? Both my soulmates would be there, and so would Eijiro’s mom. You’re invited so long as you don’t tell Mom about it.”

I would love to come, Katsuki.

“Well, I’ll message you when we have a date set. And thanks for talkin’ to me.”

One more thing before you go.

“Hm?”

I’ve been doing some research… When you suddenly stopped coming home even more over these past weeks, I started getting more worried for you… And ended up looking more into the issues you have…

“What fucking issues?” He snapped, getting immediately defensive.

Well, self-harm… I wanted to apologize for how I brushed it off in the past… And ask if you’re… doing okay with that now, I guess?

Bakugo let out a sigh, thankful for the direction that their conversation had turned. “Yeah, I’ve been doing pretty good. I’m close to five weeks clean now. Izuku and Eijiro have helped a lot. And so has this one teacher of mine.” It was uncomfortable talking to his father about it (given, he found it uncomfortable talking to anyone about such vulnerable topics) but he was thankful for his father’s seeming change of heart.

I’m glad you're getting better. And I’m proud of you for that. Bakugo just hummed, not knowing what else to say. I hope I see you soon, and I love you.

“Love you too,” Bakugo mumbled quickly, hanging up before Masaru had a chance to comment on it.

}{

It had been near impossible to schedule, finding a time that all three parents were off of work, particularly with Inko’s odd work schedule. Masaru was the first to arrive to the Kirishima household (excluding Kirishima and his mother, that is). When he entered, he was first greeted by Kirishima’s mother.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you,” She said, reaching out to shake a hand.

The next to greet him was Kirishima who very nervously introduced himself as Bakugo’s soulmate. “Katsuki and Izuku should be here soon-” he tried saying, but was then interrupted by the doorbell.

When Inko, Midoriya, and Bakugo stepped inside, Bakugo was the first to speak, just mumbling, “Hey dad.”

Midoriya hesitantly reached out, shaking Masaru’s hand. “Nice to see you again,” he said.

“Same to you,” Masaru responded, giving Midoriya an awkward but friendly pat on the shoulder.

The three boys and their parents found their way to seats around the table, Bakugo between Kirishima and his father, Izuku on the other side of Kirishima. Through dinner, they sat together fairly quietly as the adults talked with each other, getting to know each other, but mostly talking about their kids. Inko and Masaru had obviously met before, and occasionally Ms. Kirishima and Inko would hang out for an afternoon, but this was Ms. Kirishima’s first time meeting Masaru, and the first time all the parents (Hizashi and Mitsuki excluded) were all together at once.

Then, much to Kirishima’s dismay and his boyfriends’ excitement, the childhood photo albums were pulled out. But, then, Inko and Masaru ended up pulling up childhood photos on their phones, successfully embarrassing all three boys, not just Kirishima.

For a little while, all the parents talked with each other alone, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Kirishima having moved to the living room.

“I’m sorry about how much time Katsuki has been spending at each of your houses,” Masaru said.

“It’s no trouble at all,” Inko said.

“If that’s what he needs, we’re both more than willing to do that for him,” Kirishima’s mother added.

“He seems to be doing a lot better now than when he was living with me and my wife. I love her, but I don’t think it is healthy for them to be together. I don’t even know what I can do to thank you,” Masaru said.

“You don’t need to. We care about him and we’re just happy to see that he’s happy,” Inko responded, patting Masaru’s shoulder. “But, there is one thing that I did want to talk to you about.”

“Hm?” Masaru hummed, meeting eyes with Inko.

“Your boy… He’s doing better, but… I still think it would be good for him to be in therapy. I think it would be good for all of them, honestly.” Inko’s eyes drifted over to the living room where Kirishima, Bakugo, and Midoriya were all piled on the sofa. Masaru nodded along, agreeing with Inko.

Before Masaru left, he gave his son a large hug, and proceeded to do the same for both Kirishima and Midoriya, thanking each of them for how much they had helped his son.

Just a few days later, Masaru got a message from Inko, with the contact information of a therapist for them to contact.

}{

wc: 1200