Wind - PARANORMAL THRILLER

Title: Wind

Author: AmyMarieZ

Genre: Thriller, paranormal, horror, mystery

Maturity warning: It definitely has horror elements to it.

Blurb: One day, a wind blew into the town of Millstone and didn't stop

Blurb: One day, a wind blew into the town of Millstone and didn't stop. Slowly people moved away. It was like the town was trying to clear itself out, as though it was preparing for something sinister.

When a strange man moves into town and purchases the old abandoned farmhouse on Clay Road, Harper suspects he might be up to something. As Harper and his best friend Jeremey investigate the man's activities, they end up discovering some frightening truths about their town, the newcomer, and the wind itself. But getting close to the truth comes with risks, and they soon find themselves in danger not only of the stranger on Clay Road, but also the dark forces within Millstone that have remained silent for too long.

Why we love it: As a multiple Wattys winner, this author has a bunch of amazing stories, but this one is, in our opinion, especially good. It tells the story of two young adults who live in a small town where strange things are happening. When one of them witnesses something odd, he starts investigating, dragging his friend along with him. They find much more than they could ever have expected.

Wind starts off as a mystery, but is soon filled with paranormal themes, as the reader is left wondering not who, but what is causing all these strange happenings around town. The characters are incredibly realistic and relatable, and the town they live in is written in such a way that it feels like another character. If this wasn't impressive enough, it also does a brilliant job of making the characters doubt themselves and messing with the reader's mind. It has you guessing the whole way through, while still building up to an amazing climax at the end. Highly recommended for people who enjoy thrillers or paranormal stories!

Congratulations on an amazing book, AmyMarieZ. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?