Chapter Twelve

Chiara POV

I quickly left the room, and headed out to the parking lot. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and flipped it open.

Reading the message in my head quickly, I pocketed the phone and made a reminder in my head to reply to it when I got back.

I got into my car and drove home, exhausted from the date and travelling. I yawned and stretched my right arm as I continued my journey home.

When I got there, I unlocked the door and was greeted by my mother who was biting her nails anxiously.

"Ever since the Don got shot, your father's been getting calls non-stop. Is he okay?" She asked, waiting so she could let my father know so the underworld could settle.

"He's fine. Hasn't woken but he's perfectly fine." I assured her.

She muttered a "Gracias Dio" before heading over to my father, who was pacing in his office. Once my mother told him the news, I watched him visibly relax and he looked over to me and gave me a nod.

I shot him a small smile and headed upstairs. Feeling bored, I decided to take a detour from my room and headed to Rafael's.

Knocking on the door, I waited till I heard a 'come in' before opening the door and heading in.

Unlike the rest of us, Rafael and Matías were more ordered. Their rooms was cleaned daily, and everything was arranged in an orderly manner.

My room and Oscar's were more unorganised with many things lying around haphazardly. Rafael was sitting up on the headboard of his bed, and the TV opposite was turned on, a movie I didn't recognise playing.

"Hermana, are you okay?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, just bored." I said slipping my heels off and neatly placing them by the door. "What are you watching?"

"This film called 21. Not sure how I feel about it though." He shrugged.

I went and sat beside him and he paused the movie, turning to face me.

"How was the date then?"

"It was good, he was nothing short of a gentleman, but when I told him he had to get rid of Paige, he refused and told me that I couldn't say anything because I had Angelo." I huffed.

"Qué? Who's Paige?" Raf questioned.

"His girlfriend. Yup I said it, girlfriend. They've got labels." I answered, rolling my eyes.

He reached behind me and grabbed his laptop, pulling it onto his pillow and putting the two on his lap.

"Do you know her full name?" Noisily, he typed on his laptop and didn't say anything.

"No, I have no idea who she is. I've met her once."

He remained silent for five minutes or so, letting me sit there as he continued to work.

"Paige Summers, aged 24 with her birthday on the 4th of May. Her full time career is her modelling with a contract at LUXE. Hey parents are separated, she's closer to her mother but she lives alone. She has one sibling, another older sister. She never got on with her sister and constantly fought for attention from her mother, and she and her sister don't speak anymore but they are considered enemies in the modelling world, seeing as her sister is a model in another agency. She's been seen with many famous men, and has been seen linking arms with various people but Alessandro is the most consistent one to show up in photos. An on and off relationship that began with hook-ups and casual sneaky-links before her modelling shows. They haven't spoken in a year or so, but recently their relationship has been spiking. She's 5'7" in height, but a solid 5'8" in heels, with a shoe size of 4."