Chapter 10: Speed and Anger

Welp, there goes sleeping.

"Someone.. anyone... help me.."
The voice began to give up.

With a scream in my pillow and a what the fuck in my soul, I gain (false) confidence to leave my room and seek out the cry.

<<>>

I tip toe out and down the hallway, following only my gut. I can hear Beelzebub chowing down in the kitchen, if my gut weren't telling me to go the opposite direction, I would think Beel's eating someone.

"Help!.."
He begins yelling out again.

I make it to a fork in the road, or hallway in this case.

"... Over here!"
The voice lights up, recognizing someone's near.

I head to the left and find myself at a stairwell that goes upstairs.

"(Y/n)."

ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit-

"Stop right there. You'll go no farther... that's not a safe place for humans. It's dangerous." Lucifer groaned.

I turn around to face him.
"Go back to your room."
He commanded.

I nod and start walking around him, when I'm right beside him, in an instant, he forcibly grabs my wrist, turns his head and whispers:
"That's the answer I was looking for, let us hope you actually mean it."

I keep on walking like nothing happened but a what the fuck is still in my soul. I hear Beel walk out of the kitchen, I don't have time to hide, so I just wave, smile and keep walking.
I open my door.
I walk to my bed.
I sit on my bed.
I take a pillow.
I put the pillow over my face.
"WHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCK!"

Sleep is now, forever, a foreign concept to me.

_____
Timeskip brought to you by:
Bread 👍
_____

It's been 23 hours since I heard the voice and 41 hours since I've slept. Who needs sleep anyway?...
I'm too tired to think and thinking too much to sleep.
Screw it, I'm walking back to the stairs. I ain't got anything better to do.

I leave my room, and tip toe my way there again. Seems Beel's in the kitchen again. Right before I round the corner in this hallway, I hear him, Lucifer's walking down those stairs.
So, I swiftly sprint back towards my room, stepping on a few squeaky floorboards.

I get back in my bed, panic for a bit, and then fall asleep out of pure exhaustion.

✦✦✦✦✦

I get up, speedily get dressed and head out to breakfast.

Mammon huffed. "Why do I gotta be be stuck here with you first thing in the morning? To us demons, eating a human like you is a special sorta treat, understand? Yet I'm not allowed to do that. I've gotta sit here and eat my breakfast instead. I mean it's like havin' a premium-grade roast Iriomote musk hog right in front of me. Medium rare, cooked to perfection, but I can't eat it.  And now, this thick, juicy hunk of meat | ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) | has started giving me orders, like it's the boss of me, or somethin'." He ranted and complained.

"Where is everyone?" Noticing a lack of insults during Mammon's rant.

"Hey! Pay attention when I'm talkin' to ya, dunce! Or do those ears of yours not work?" Mammon shouted, ignoring me.

"I'm sure the others have already scurried off to class and left me to look after ya on my own, the punks. They're rotten, every last one of them!" He stated, answering my question and then complaining some.

"What's at the top of the stairs?"

"HEY, I TOLD ya to LISTEN to me when I'm TALKIN' to you! I was trying to tell ya about my brot— ... Wait, what stairs? Are you talkin' about the ones that lead to the attic?" He asks, very confused.
I shrug, and he thinks for a moment.

"Oh man.. there you go again, sticking your nose where it doesn't belong... ugh." Mammon facepalms.

He quickly turns to face me. "Now listen." He stops for a moment. " Listen. Do you the secret to getting people to tell you stuff? Go ahead, tell me."

Since this is Mammon I'm talking to here I guess: "Money?"

"EXACTLY! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I guess you DO get it! If ya wanna pry valuable information outta someone, you've gotta offer'em proper compensation! ... Wait a second." He scoots his seat closer, leans in,  and takes a deep breath. "I know what this is about." He grins.
"You tried to climb those stairs, but Lucifer stopped you, didn't he? That's totally it, isn't it?" He teases with a huge smile on his face.
He leans back in his seat. "Well then, there's something you really need to get straight here." He dramatically pouts. "If you think you can just offer Mammon here a little bit of money and he'll spill the beans..." he stops.
"You're dead wrong." He says efficaciously, while slamming his hands on the table.

"Oh, whatever shall I do?" I say dramatically, and pretend to faint some, playing into his game.

"Oh, I don't know, Lucifer would kill me if I gave out this information. Although, how about the monetary equivalent of the worlds total oil production?— Two hundred million years worth?" He stated as if it was a normal request, and raising his voice.

"In other words, I ain't gonna tell ya. Is that clear enough for ya, blockhead?" He lowered his voice, and quit playing the dramatic game.

"Afraid of Lucifer, are you?" I say, pretending as if I wasn't running from the sound of him last night.

"WHAT?! Whoa, what'd you just say?! You think I'm afraid of Lucifer?! ME? The Avatar of Greed?" He shouts all offended.

"Be honest though, your scared aren't you?" I say, trying to get some honesty or rile him up further.

"I told you, I'm not! I mean, that's crazy! Listen now, most of the time, I don't let people see the full extent of my power! What I'm sayin' is that even if I did face off against someone like Lucifer, I wouldn't have to use all of my strength to win, understand?" Mammon shouts.

"Then tell me what's at the top of the stairs."

*****
Thanks for reading! I have really been appreciating all your votes and comments lately! Also 10th chapter, yay! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o
*****
Word Count:
1128
*****

So, tiny AD here.
I'm currently working on Obey Me! Posters, Shirts, Stickers, Tote Bags, Phone Cases, Laptop Cases, Tapestries, and More! Im planning to release big tapestries with all of them on it! I'll have subtle items as well, that won't look suspicious to strict parents or if you just want something that looks more normie. I'm hoping to have them all finished and released before the end of August but life happens so we'll see.
But at the time of releasing this chapter...
All of my current designs are on SALE!
Only for the next 2 days!
Just copy and paste this link:

http://tee.pub/lic/6h8qgDy5G1k

These designs are kinda old at this point, so the new ones will be better.
Also, if you have any design ideas, I'll make them and credit you in the design, and in the description of the item!
Thanks for reading all my nonsense!