89

"Okay I agree, that's a very bad picture," Daniella laughed as she comfortably sat back. She and Lewis were halfway to Canada and Lewis has been pulling up her old social media photos and everyone around them on the plane is having a laugh.

"But in my defense, I was just fifteen years old and my fashion sense sucked," She added.

"I think you look cute," Angela said as she took the phone from Lewis' hand and looked at the photo. "And innocent."

"Are you saying I am not innocent now?" Daniella jokingly asked.

"Oh please," Myra playfully rolled her eyes. "You are not at all innocent now."

Daniella pretended to be offended.

"I think there is still some innocence left in her," Lewis defended his teammate. "And there is definitely place for improvement for her fashion sense."

Everyone laughed as Daniella showed him the middle finger.

"Screw you, my fashion choices are much better than yours," She argued.

After a while the rest went back to their seats to rest their eyes a bit before the plane landed, leaving Daniella and Lewis as they were deep in conversation talking about fashion.

"I think it's a great idea," Lewis said, encouraging Daniella.

"You really think so?" Daniella smiled.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Forget what I said earlier, you really understand fashion and you should really start your clothing line."

Daniella slightly blushed at the encouragement. She has been thinking about starting her own clothing line for some time now but was always a bit doubtful.

"Besides, I think getting involved in a new project is going to help you get your mind off other things," He said in a low voice so only Daniella can hear him, implying her breakup with Max.

The smile in Daniella faded slightly but she soon brushed it off.

"You are right," She nodded. "I really need to get my mind off... him."

***

"Wow! Your hotel room is always bigger than mine," Sophie looked around as Daniella got ready for the team dinner. "Even Charles' room is bigger than mine."

Daniella chuckled as Sophie admired the view from the window.

"You can always tell Gunther to book bigger rooms for the team," Daniella suggested.

"Yeah.. And then the team will go bankrupt again and I will be kicked out and some billionaire's son will take my seat," Sophie pointed out. "I will sleep in the lobby if I have to but I am not jeopardizing my seat."

Daniella was done getting ready, dressed in casuals, but satisfied with her look.

"By the way, did you hear that it's probably going to rain the entire weekend?" Sophie asked. "Charles is worried it's going to mess up his race again."

"Oh great.." Daniella sarcastically said. "Last time it rained me and Ma.. I got sick."

Thankfully Sophie didn't pay attention to her slip of the tongue. Daniella however was once again reminded of Max and the beautiful moment they shared under the rain. She doesn't want to admit it but it hurts her every time his name comes up or he invades her thoughts.

Daniella was pulled back from her thoughts as her phone started ringing. She took a deep breath before answering her boss's call.

"I am ready and on my way to the lobby," She said to Toto.

"Yeah, I don't believe you," Toto replied. "You are always late. Be at the restaurant in half an hour or else you are out of the team."

"Fine," Daniella called his bluff. "Kick me out and hand Max the championship with your own hands."

Sophie burst out laughing in the background.

Toto went silent for a few seconds, rethinking his threat.

"Just get here soon," He sounded annoyed, not liking the fact that she didn't buy his threat and instead countered it. "I have been told fans are starting to gather outside the restaurant. You and Lewis better get here before it gets worse. I don't want my drivers getting mugged or injured."

"On my way boss," Daniella replied before ending the call.

***

After a fun team dinner, Daniella and Lewis got back to their hotel. Both are a bit tired but enjoying the night and being around people help Daniella not think about Max much.

Both stepped inside the elevator and pushed the button to their floor but before the doors could shut a hand came in between and stopped it.

Daniella went pale as Max stepped inside the elevator.

Max didn't expect to see his ex-girlfriend in the elevator, even though he was on his way to her room, hoping he can convince her to listen to him and have a talk.

Lewis went and stood between Max and Daniella, not wanting his teammate to deal with her ex.

Max glared at Lewis but the seven-time champion just pretended to ignore him while standing protectively, barring him from approaching Daniella.

Daniella's heart started beating faster, scared to look at Max. She subtly took a step back and leaned on the wall, reluctantly lifting her eyes up.

Max tilted his head to look at her, their vulnerable eyes locking. The unspoken words echoed but neither of them wanted to acknowledge it.

"Dani..."

"She doesn't want to talk to you," Lewis immediately said, giving Max an intimidating look, stopping him from taking a step further.

The vulnerable look on Max disappeared and was quickly replaced by anger. Daniella immediately knew what was coming next. One more minute and hell was going to break loose.

"Lewis.." Daniella pulled him back. "It's okay," She softly said, trying not to look at Max.

The elevator door opened, indicating that Daniella and Lewis reached their floor.

Max angrily glared at the duo as Lewis held Daniella's arm and walked out of the elevator, leaving Max alone.

Daniella turned to look at Max. Just as she was about to say his name the door closed.

Max angrily hit the door before stepping back and leaning on the wall. He closed his eyes tightly, convincing himself not to go and knock on Daniella's door like he originally planned.

**********

A/N: So Max went to talk to Daniella but Lewis got in between...and now he is "angry" again.

 Thoughts on post-breakup Max and Dani?

 Thoughts on Lewis? 

It's race week...again. Any predictions...for the actual race and for the fic? 👀