~How Much That Meant To Me (Keefex)~

Hey, everyone! How are you doing?

@Noprobllama75 has requested a Keefex oneshot, so here you go! Hope you enjoy. :)

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

Sophie's words echoed in my head like a broken record, breaking my heart even more every time.

"I don't love you," she said, over and over again. Sophie's brown eyes flickered with pity as her gold flecks seemed to become darker and duller. Her voice sounded more distorted with every time it replayed in my mind.

In my memory, Sophie grew taller, and her features harder and colder. Her warm brown eyes faded into narrow ice blue ones, and her long, silky blonde hair shortened, becoming a slick, neat, short head of blonde hair.

"I don't love you," the figure said to me again, taking on different shapes from my mother to my teachers then finally, back to Sophie.

A sharp pain stabbed me in my heart as I clutched my chest with hurt, tears falling from my eyes onto the soft sheets of my bed. A tall, muscular figure with pink hair in short ponytails peaked through my door with sympathetic eyes, making me feel even worse. If Ro was being sympathetic, I could only imagine how pathetic I must look.

"That's it," she said firmly. "Enough moping. I'm calling one of your friends...how about that weird tech dude? Yeah, he's cool. Lord Hunkyhair, get ready or else!!"

I wiped my teary eyes with my sleeve as I slumped off my bed to give Ro a death glare, but grumpily threw open the doors to my closet in search for clothes that weren't covered in pitiful snot.

I spotted the Batman shirt I found in Alvar's closet before Sophie, the group, and I went to Alluveterre. Usually the thought that I was about to wear something that belonged to Alvar would've bothered me a lot more, and memories of him saying I was "a lot like him" would flood my head. But today was different, so instead of Alvar's face, images of Sophie smiling in amusement at me as I bragged to the others filled my mind, causing my eyes to pour out again, narrowly missing the smooth black fabric of the T-shirt.

I swallowed back the rest of my tears and changed into the comfortable human clothing, pairing the Batman shirt with some basic jeans. I rushed to the bathroom to look myself in the mirror.

My usually immaculate blonde hair was disheveled and grimy, matted with blonde little tangles. Under my glassy ice blue eyes were dark shadows that reminded me of a certain someone I really shouldn't be thinking about right now. It was time to move on.

I reluctantly combed my hair and sprayed a blast of strawberry scented perfume onto it, but underneath my handsome appearance my despair was clearly visible. I sighed with acceptance and walked out of the bathroom. This would have to do.

"Lord Hunkyhair, you better come down within ten seconds or I'm coming up with one of Gigantor's throwing stars!" Ro yelled at me from downstairs. I sucked in a deep breath and headed down.

"Keefe?" a familiar strawberry blonde boy with periwinkle eyes asked, gazing at me with sympathy.

"Yes?" I asked, not finishing my sentence before Dex threw his arms around me tightly, digging his nails into my back. I breathed in the soothing scent of lemon and vanilla in his strawberry blonde hair as I sank into his embrace.

"Hello," I said sulkily.

"Thank you for calling me," Dex told me, pulling away to look into my ice blue eyes.

"Well, it was actually Ro." I glared at my unapologetic ogre bodyguard. "But you shouldn't be the one thanking me here."

"Well, I am," Dex shrugged. "I also wanted to take you somewhere, if that's okay."