I'm A Dad?: Steve Harrington

It had been almost five years since you last saw Steve Harrington after he broke your heart and before you got to tell him the news that you were pregnant with his child. You were caught so off guard by him breaking up with you like that you didn't even bother telling him about you being pregnant figuring nothing would change. After he broke up with you, you moved out to California with your cousin where your daughter was born, and looked so much like her father who you told her about when she asked not wanting to keep secrets from her. Now almost five years later you two were returning to Hawkins so that you could take care of your mother who wasn't doing so well and you were so nervous about running into Steve. 

"Mommy, will we get to see Aunt Robin?" Your daughter asked as your drove passed the 'Welcome To Hawkins' sign.

Yes, Robin knew of her and actually came out to California a lot over the years to meet her and to check on her. Robin was her favorite aunt, those two were never seen without each other whenever they were together. 

"Yes, we will! And you can see where I grew up and where me and Robin went to school at." You said looking at her through the rearview mirror. 

While you two made your way to your mom's house, Robin was beaming with excitement that you two were finally going to be back in the same town again. Steve was confused as to why she was so happy when he walked into the store for his shift after finishing up a day of college classes. 

"What's got you in such a good mood?" He asked her. 

"Oh, no reason." Robin said not wanting to have that conversation with him about you and your child as Steve raised his eyebrows not believing her. 

It had been a few hours since you and your daughter got settled in at your mom's and your daughter was asking to go see Robin so you agreed once your mom said she be fine for a little bit while you two went out. 

Steve felt his breath hitch when he saw you climb out of the car, you were still as beautiful as he remembers and then he watched as you opened the backdoor of his car and saw a little girl get out who was an exact copy of you. He hated himself every day for breaking up with you all because he got scared that he was falling in love with you, so it didn't surprise him when you left and started a life. 

"Hi..Hi Steve." You said walking into the store. 

"Hey." He said awkwardly as Robin came running over and scooping her niece up and taking her somewhere else in the store. 

"How have you been? You look good." You said breaking the ice as you prayed your daughter wouldn't notice him. 

"Thank you, I've been good. But how have you been?  I see you have a daughter now, whose is the lucky guy?" He asked making you shift nervously.

 "Daddy!" Your daughter yelled running over to him as Robin chased after her apologizing. 

"Daddy?!" He asked confused looking at you and then Robin who both wore the same expression telling him everything as the little girl held on to his leg. 

"Yeah, it's me, angel. You look just like your mother and my look at big you've gotten." He said bending down and hugging her as you and Robin shared a confused look. 

After a few minutes, your daughter let him go, and you asked Steve if you guys could talk outside away from the customers. You two walked over to your car and took a seat on top of it as you prepared yourself for the worst. 

"She's mine?" He asked you. 

"Yes, she is. I wanted to tell you but the day I was planning on doing it, you broke up with so I figured there was no point in doing so." You said. 

"No point? That's my kid, I've missed what almost five years with her?" He said angrily as you winced at his tone. 

"Steve you had just broken up with me for a reason I still don't understand! What was I supposed to do? Go hey by the way I'm carrying your child?" You said as the tears started leaking down your face. 

"I broke up with you because I was afraid you would've broken my heart the same way Nancy did and I regretted it every day for the past five years! But now I really regret it because I missed out on my kid's life." He said shocking you. 

"Steve I loved you and was excited and scared to tell you, that's why I told her about you because even though you hurt me, she deserved to know you. Look why don't you come by my mom's place tomorrow? I have baby pictures and some other things that I set aside for you and you can spend the day with her getting to know her." You said. 

"Really?" He asked you as you nodded. 

"Yes and don't be mad at Robin I asked her to keep this from you, I wanted to tell you on my terms." You said climbing off of your car so that you were standing in front of him. 

The next day Steve came over for lunch which was just everything to your daughter who spent most of the day talking and playing with her dad and while she was done for her nap, you grabbed the photo box with all her stuff in it and brought it to the living room. 

"This is everything from the past five years that I kept for you. You can look through it and I'll be in my room if you have any questions." You said as he nodded.

 Steve sat there on the couch looking through all his daughter's stuff, softly crying at how much he missed out on until he came across a letter that you wrote explaining your reasoning behind it and that you still loved him even if he broke your heart. He set it to the side so he could ask you about it as he finished looking through the box. 

"Did you mean it when you said you still love me?" He asked leaning against your doorway. 

"Of course Steve, you may have broken my heart but that doesn't mean I stopped loving you even to this day." You said. 

"Do you think there is any way we can start fresh? That way I can get to know you again and have a role in my daughter's life? " He asked you taking a seat on your bed.

"I would love that and I know she would to." You said giving his hand a squeeze.