Your Not What I Thought: Eddie Munson

Eddie disliked the popular kids at Hawkins High with a passion because most of them were judgy, spoiled, rude, and most of them were just straight-up bullies. He tended to avoid the popular crowd as much as he could but would occasionally antagonize them specifically Jason finding it funny when they got upset at him. So when you two got paired up with you for a history assignment he expected the same treatment considering you were popular, top of your class, and president of the student government but he was shocked at how different you were from most people in your clique. Now you two never talked to each other despite having most of the same classes, so he was expecting for you to ask the teacher for another partner but you instead turned toward him

"So would like to meet up at my place or yours so we can work on it?" You asked him.

"Aren't you going to ask for another partner?" He asked making you confused.

"Do you not want to work together? Because I can totally switch partners if you don't want to work with me." You said.

"No, it's not that.....it's just that your know popular and I'm well a freak I figured maybe you would want to work with one of your friends." He said making you roll your eyes.

"I don't care about stupid stuff like that and I didn't think you did either but guess I was wrong." You said as the bell rung leaving Eddie to think about his actions.

You were hurt that Eddie thought that you were like the rest of your so called peers, yeah you were more often than not grouped in with them but that didn't stop them from bullying you for being nice to everyone, for being so smart, and well for anything really. When you got paired for Eddie you were excited because you figured maybe just maybe that you two could be friends but guess not.

Eddie had been at lunch feeling bad for how treated you when he saw Robin approaching his table not looking happy making him groan because he didn't know what he did to her.

"Seriously you were mean to her out of all people?" Robin asked him.

"Robin I swear I was trying to make things easier for her.." he said as Robin rolled her eyes.

"Well, you didn't. Did you know that she gets bullied just like you? That even though she's considered popular they still treat her the way they treat you." Robin said to make him realize his mistake.

"Robin I swear..." he started to say.

"No one does. Fix things or this friendship is over." Robin said walking away presumably to go meet up with you as Eddie thought about what he was going to do. 

Eddie left his last period and found you at your locker putting away your books and figured that maybe he could talk to you and make things right with you. You had heard the clanging of his wallet chain approaching you before you saw him, making your roll your eyes as you stood there waiting for him. 

"Hey, I was hoping we could talk if you're not busy." He said as you nodded to him. 

"Uh-sure." You said following him out into the woods and to the picnic table. 

"Look I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how acted earlier...I'm just not used to people like you willingly wanting to work with me or be near me without some alternate motive so it took me by a shock when you didn't even bat an eyelash when you got paired up with me. So I'm sorry for judging you before actually knowing you. 

"It's alright Eddie, I can see where you were coming from but you should know that those people aren't my friends, yeah I'm associated with them but they still treat me the way that they treat you. I'm willing to start over if you are?" You said. 

"I would like that a lot sweetheart." He said smiling at you. 

The two of you spent the next hour and a half getting to know each other and discussing your project where Eddie learned that you were in fact not that different from him and that you two surprisingly had a lot in common. 

"You know your not what I thought you be." Eddie said. 

"What you thought I would a bully?" You asked with a laugh. 

"The biggest one." He said with a smile. 

"Well if it's anything everyone told me you were mean and scary, which I am happy to see that you are in fact not mean and scary." You said.