C37 The Volturi

Iridessa visited her brother when she was finally allowed to.

She had missed him dearly and she wasn't sure why he even wanted to be in Italy. Specifically near enough to Volterra that he could go there whenever he had the need to.

She don't know what what would qualify as need to.

They sat inside his small hotel room , eating ice cream without speaking a word.

Not even one single word.

She wanted to know what his reasoning was of being near Volterra and the three Vampire Kings.

She knew that if a Vampire wanted to die, they visited the Volturi Kings and made the arrangements with them.

Hopefully her brother wasn't that stupid.

" Stop thinking about the possibility of me wanting to die," Edward suddenly said, his voice soft, but stern.

She eyed him up and down, taking in the sickly state he was in.
" So there's a possibility? Edward, you cannot be seriously thinking about dying! What about our family?! "

" Iridessa, humans die and leave family behind all the time. It'll be just like that ."

" Even so, it's ridiculous to want to die because of one human girl who treats you like some plaything! I will not allow it , you hear? Bella's your bloody blood singer . You shouldn't have let her live. It was in your nature to have drained her and be d_"

" Enough!"

She flinched at his angry tone. He clearly didn't want to hear the truth. He was delusional about everything.

" Finish your ice cream and go to bed," he snapped.

She snorted. He was properly delusional about it all.

" I'm seventeen now. I'm an off age Witch. You can't order me around!"

He glared at her. " You're not eighteen yet. You're still a minor in the eyes of the humans."

She huffed. " Fine ! I'll go to bed. But don't think this is over!"

Edward resisted the urge to smile at her cuteness.  She can be annoying, but she was looking out for him and that mattered to him .

An hour later they were driving to Volterra because Rosalie called and said that Bella went and killed herself.

Iridessa only was along for the ride to make sure her brother behaves and to make sure he doesn't go and disobey the Volturi when they made a different decision on what he wanted .

She was not losing her brother because of Bella bloody Swan!
              🤴🤴🤴
She hated the palace of the Volturi. It was dark and morbid and every guard looked at her oddly as she trailed behind Edward and the Volturi guard that was leading them to the three Kings.

Oh of course Iridessa has met the Volturi before.

She'd been six and Carlisle had brought her with him when he had business with Aro, Marcus and Caius.

She'd grown a lot since then. More than just in body.

She smiled at one guard , making to go over to him to ask him some questions , but Edward grabbed her arm and gave her a look that would've burnt her if he had the ability to burn people with just a look .

" I was only going to ask him a question," she defended herself .

" And get yourself killed ? No way in hell."

She shot him a look before waving goodbye to the guard, who stood  stoically looking elsewhere.

" Rude," she muttered darkly , letting Edward drag her to where the Volturi  Kings waited for them.