The Seawitch's Regret (7)

A Gathering Across the Sea

I was dead nervous.

I did everything I could to make myself look not scary.

I would never dreamed of doing this ever, but Levy's last letter worried me so much.

I know she loves me how I am and would never change me, but other seafolk can be so not understanding.

And I don't want to be a mermaid, the abyss I would rather be a rotten toad or a human.

And that's saying a lot.

Ardizevepa can shapeshift into any being we want, but I prefer my true form as many others do as well.

The only thing I ever changed was having a specific part that defined me as male or female.

I was told it was semiformal so I had a not as fancy jacket like at Levy's party.  It was a bit more modern, and casual.  I had four unbuttoned buttons and I dressed my tail in a flowy casual skirt.

After meeting, Levy, she made me appreciate myself, who I was, and what I looked like.

She told me my skin and scales of scrub was beautiful.  This darkened ton with colorful blue and green scaly hues that filled my skin made my form glow.

That thought alone made me smile, and I was going to see her finally after a few months less than a year.

I arrived at the destination.

A part of me was waiting for someone to laugh at my face and tell me it is all a joke and this gathering was a dirty trick.

I leaned inside and to my very own doubts and relief, there were sea beings.

Maybe I shouldn't have come...

I mean they all seem to be enjoying themselves and this will make me look stupid.

And nobody has seen me yet, quick I can leave now and it will be fine.

I went back outside in the open ocean.

No harm will ever be done, I can tell Levy that something came up at the last minute and I couldn't make it....

She would totally be heartbroken if I did that.

I shook my head, I can't do that to her.  Besides I've been wanting to see her ever since she left.

I went back inside and peered around.  Everyone wore casual to fancy outfits and I thankfully, fit right in.

Then I spotted Laiken, but his sister was nowhere in sight.

Abyss to this!

I muttered, decided to not care and talk to Laiken because if anyone he would know where his sister is.

"Hey," I casual said, putting my arm around him.

Just to see what would happen, no other reason whatsoever.

But Laiken being Laiken and the coolest mer around just smiled and stick with it.

"Dudeee that seafolk just casually put their arm on you all flirtatiously and all," one of the individuals said laughing at Laiken who just nodded.

"Ooooooh who the sea species?" Another whistled, "Cause I'm not sure what they are but I don't want to be rude either, like I'd call them mer but that not no mer!"

The rest of them laughed as well.

"I'm not here for you." I simply stated making the others around gasp and start dying from laughter even more.