Rule Breakers

"I'm sorry about all of that."

"It's okay," you assured Jungkook as you buckled your seatbelt. "I know Jin oppa was only kidding around."

"Yeah, but I hate that my friends say those things," he divulged. "They shouldn't talk about you that way."

"So they're not allowed to think I'm hot?" you joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, obviously they're gonna think it because you are," said Jungkook. "I just don't want them saying it, that's all."

"Ah-ha!" you exclaimed, pointing your finger at him. "You admitted that I'm hot."

"And?"

"You told me I only looked hot when I wore that one dress on my nineteenth birthday," you mentioned. "Not that I was hot."

"Okay, so I lied. Sue me."

You giggled. "I knew it."

"Oh, please," he scoffed. "No, you didn't."

"Alright, I didn't," you confessed. "But I'm gonna pretend I did."

Jungkook shook his head, laughing at you. "Still wanna take that drive?"

"Duh," you grinned.

"Good," he smiled. "There's someplace I want to show you."

***

After driving for nearly thirty minutes, you were now on the outskirts of the city, heading up a rocky, dirt path. The hill was steep and terrifying, and you feared Jungkook would accidentally drive off the edge. You had a strong grip on the handle the entire time.

Finally, though, the car came to a stop.

"You can open your eyes now," Jungkook apprised, chuckling. "We're alive."

You exhaled a sigh of relief. "Thank fucking god."

Before Jungkook got out of the car, he reached into the backseat to grab a blanket. He then walked over to the passenger side and opened the door, extending his hand out for you to take. You intertwined your fingers as he led you a little further up the hill.

"Where are we?" you asked.

He simply replied, "My favorite place on Earth."

The two of you soon came upon a cliff—or rather a lookout point. Your lips parted in awe at the sight; you could see all of Seoul from there. The view was stunning, and you couldn't believe where you were in that moment.

"Kook," you gasped, "this is insane."

"Gorgeous, isn't it?"

You nodded, lost for words.

Jungkook let go of your hand to spread the blanket out on the ground. He took a seat and patted the spot next to him, signaling for you to do the same. You sat down, crossing your legs at the ankles and leaning back on your palms to drink in the lights of the city.

"Do you come here a lot?" you wondered.

"At least once a week," Jungkook answered.

"I can see why. This is the perfect spot to relax."

"And to think."

"What do you think about when you come here?"

"Everything," he responded. "Work, relationships, my mess of a family. You name it."

You weren't going to touch on the family part; Jungkook hardly talked about it anyway. So, instead, you decided to pick one of the other things he had mentioned.