11° 𝙏𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝘿𝙤𝙬𝙣

Cassie was sat next to James in their charms lesson after he and Sirius decided to disrupt the lesson with their loud, annoying giggles, irritating professor Flitwick and the entire class.

Professor Flitwick thought it was a great idea to put James next to Cassie, which, in everyone's opinion, was stupid considering the history of the two students.

Cassie had a theory that the professors love drama, so they purposely put you next to people you clearly don't like just to get some, and Professor Flitwick was really proving her theory to be true.

Her usual approach to being placed next to James would be to ignore his existence until he reminded her that he existed with his annoying personality, but since she needed to tell him about the group she and her friends had created to help her understand her powers, she knew she would have to start a conversation with him.

However, the thought of doing just that was enough to make her nearly puke her guts out. Just this morning, she was bent over the toilet with Lily holding her hair back just thinking about it because she truly felt like she was about to be sick.

Back in her charms class, she sat thinking to herself of ways to tell him without making him think she was okay with him or that she willingly wanted him in her little group.

Deciding she'd rather just get it over with instead of beating around the bush, she decided to rip the bandaid off.

"Okay, so the girls and I have formed this little group to help me understand my powers and we need Remus, but since we know you guys are like a meal deal since you guys are always together, which can be very annoying sometimes, we're inviting you all to join the group but ONLY because we need Remus."

"So what I'm hearing is that you want me to join a group created by you because you just love my presence."

"Well, you must be deaf since that was definitely not what I said or implied."

"It's alright to admit you think I'm handsome, funny, smart-"

"Wow! How did you know I was scared to admit that? " She sarcastically replied, smiling widely.

"Another one of my hidden talents," he shrugged.

"I was being sarcastic," she deadpanned, rolling her eyes.

"And I knew that," he replied, looking unsure of what he was saying, giving himself away.

"Sure you did," she replied, before going back to listening to Professor Flitwick explain how to cast the banishing charm.

As she listened to Professor Flitwick explain the charm, she wondered if she could use the charm on Potter to get him to leave her alone and to get him away from her.

When Professor Flitwick had finished explaining and demonstrating the charm, he gave them all cushions so they could practise the charm themselves. Cassie got the hang of it quite quickly, so she began aiming the cushion at the people she didn't like, especially James.

After being hit by Cassie's cushion for the 10th time, James decided he'd had enough and aimed a pillow at Cassie, only to hit Professor Flitwick, who was checking the progress of the class, causing him to topple over.

Cassie, knowing what James tried to do, began to laugh loudly, attracting the class's attention. James tried to make an annoyed face but couldn't resist laughing. The class watched with shocked faces as they watched them laugh together, with Cassie holding onto James for support.

"Well, that was a nasty fall, but I do trust that was a mistake, Mr Potter."

"Of course, sir," he replied, trying but failing to keep a straight face.