Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - A Recollection of her Past

I open my eyes as I can feel that I'm regaining a bit of energy from my body. As I turned to my side, I found my husband lying down on his head beside the hospital bed. I placed my hand on top of his so I can get his attention.

He slowly woke up and said, "Asako?"

"Hisato, where's (Y/N)? I want to see my baby..."

"Y—Yes, I'll get him for you. Just give me a moment."

A couple of moments passed and Hisato came back holding our son.

"Here you go." Hisato carefully hand me over (Y/N).

"Oh, he's beautiful, Hisato. Our son is really beautiful." My emotions got the best of me and I started to tear up.

"He's as beautiful as his mother. I love the two of you Asako. I promise that I'll do anything for our family."

"Thank you. I love you too." Hisato hugged us as I felt nothing but happiness at that moment.

"(Y/N), you're my treasure. You're my hope. You're my light. I love you so much, my son."

After being discharged and being able to fully rest, I get back to work since there's no more time for me to idle. Mother's getting older and she's only relying on her pension. Father's already gone and I can't obviously rely on my younger sister.

As years passed, life became more difficult. I started to feel that we were just surviving and not living anymore. The only reason I still continue to fight on is that I have someone who's counting on me. I have someone to take care of. Someone I want to see grow with a beautiful life.

A life where he would not just exist but live.

"I'm home!" Even though I'm really tired from work, I wouldn't want (Y/N) to feel anything that might affect him emotionally.

"Mom!" (Y/N) exclaimed as he runs to me for a hug.

"I miss you too, (Y/N)"

"Hmm! I'm doing well at school! Look!" He showed me his hand that had a stamp of a star on it.

"I'm so proud of you (Y/N)." I placed my hand on the top of his head.

"I showed it to grandma as well! I can't wait to show dad!"

"I know he'd be happy to see it." I smiled at him as I continued to head inside so I can get changed.

Little things like this are one of the reasons why I can wear a smile on my face.

Things are really difficult for us since Mother is sick and we don't have anything to support her needed surgery due to her condition. We can only rely on medications to prevent her illness from getting worst.

"Hisato, you told me about that business you wanted to start right?"

"Yeah, I just don't have enough to start it."

"What kind of business is it again?"

"My colleague told me that I just need to invite more people while selling the products. I don't even need to own or rent a place just to sell it. The good thing about it is that I can do it after work or even on the weekends. I just need the people's buy-in."

"That sounds too good to be true if you were to ask me."

"I don't think it's that bad though. Think about it, if I sell enough and invite more people to be a part of the business, every person I get, I'll get a share of their sales. With that, if I get a lot of invites, I can just continue focusing on my work while getting a passive income."