CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

Sarah was biting her nail anxiously. It was finally Friday. The party day. All the employees had left the office early to get ready.

As soon as Sarah entered the penthouse, her stomach twisted in nerves because it was time to face the inevitable. She had given her answer to Chris yesterday. She still couldn't believe how easily he had manipulated her.

She said yes.

Now she was his date.

Or... he was her date?!...

Sarah wanted to travel back in time and smack the hell out of herself for agreeing to go with him. Over the past few days, they barely saw each other. And tonight they were going to be in each other's company for hours.

It was around four in the evening. She got up with a heavy sigh. She should start getting ready for the party.

Sarah took a quick shower and washed her hair. As she blow dried her hair, she got lost in her thoughts. Thoughts of Chris. No matter how Mich she tried, she couldn't let this man out of her mind. She knew he had been flirting with her, and she was actually liking it.

Sarah groaned. This was so not like her. She despised this man when they first met because he was a conceited jerk.

He had though that the world revolved around him. He was still the same yet Sarah was having hard time keeping her walls up.

As she unplugged the blow drier, the doorbell rang. She was in her robe. She didn't want to go and open the door in this state. She hurriedly put on her pajama with a loose t-shirt. She saw Chris standing on the other side of the door through peephole.

She was startled because she felt as if she had been caught doing something forbidden. It get as if he was here because he could read her mind. The same mind which was thinking about him.

Sarah hardened her resolve. She needed strength today.

Masking her features, she opened the door.

"Hi neighbor! You take forever to answer your door." Chris smiled at her. A mischievous glint still in his eyes. Those mischievous eyes traveled down her body.

Sarah never liked when men checked her out. She knew she was beautiful, and on numerous occasions she was subjected to all sorts of dirty and flirty comments. She hated that kind of attention. But she didn't mind Chris's attention.

"It's my place, my door. I shall answer it however I want." Sarah shrugged. Since her tone was teasing, Chris smiled at her.

"No matter how much I want to continue to discuss your door answering habits, I have an urgent matter at hand."

"Then go bother your assistant." Sarah grimaced when she remembered that his assistant was his sister. A truly gentle soul. Sarah wished he wouldn't bother her today.

"Can't do that. She has switched off her phone. You're my only hope."

"Oh boy!"

"Come on! Don't be like this. What could possibly be worse than the worst?"

"Worse than the worst?" Sarah blinked. He was not making any sense.

"Yeah! The worst has already happened."

"And what is the worst?"

"I'm your date tonight. And I'm the worst date ever."

"Is that so? Huh! So flattering!" Sarcasm evident in her tone.

Sarah noticed that he was holding something behind his back. And she was right. "So which one should I wear today?" Chris showed her two suits. One was black tuxedo and other was a gray suit.