This was Supposed to be Angst...

A/N: Alright. This started as a conversation with Ani-One because we wanted to write Hate Sex. My chapter ended up with a mind of its own. Can be read as a stand alone.

If you want to avoid second hand embarrassment, there is a NSFW LINE do not read past it.

Minor OOC stuff. The South Grows TF Up.

Rhode Island is a Little Shit.

--

Texas had just about had enough of California's bullshit attitude. The younger state had been tearing at his last nerve for what seemed like weeks now.

Every time Texas had tried to get a word in edgewise there was California, talking over him and down to him.

He had just about had e-fucking-nough.

Tonight was supposed to be his night to relax with the other southern states at a nearby bar. Take the chance and maybe hit up a likable lady for a bit of mutual stress relief.

They had just gotten their first round and settled at the bar when a buzz went through the other patrons, all the attention on the bar door where a pretty male figure in distressed denim shorts, a half buttoned red plaid flannel, and sneakers had just come in.

He was of course easily identified by his bright orange beanie and nerdy glasses.

Texas breathed a sigh of frustration and looked toward the ceiling, muttering a prayer to God that he remain unnoticed by the other.

It seemed to work because California, still holding everyone's attention, leaned against the far end of the bar and drew the bartender's attention with a flash of skin.

Next to him, Oklahoma sighed.

"Why the fuck is he here?" He glanced at Texas like he was to blame and sipped his beer. "Did you know about this?"

"Why would I know about this?" Texas frowned at the accusation in Oklahoma's tone, already feeling his short temper waning the longer he looked at the other.

"Cuz you're fucking obsessed with him." Oklahoma rolled his eyes, "Jesus, how dense can you be?! Every time he's around your eyes are glued to him. It's almost like you're in fucking love with him or something."

All conversation around the two ground to a halt and the group all looked at Texas, whose face was bright red.

The larger state finished his beer, stood up, and swung at Oklahoma, knocking him off his barstool.

This started a bar fight, the other states rushing to separate Oklahoma and Texas, who had somehow drug the rest of the bar patrons into the fight as well.

Afterwards everyone was tossed out. Including Cali, who glared at the two states.

Texas glared back and stalked off to his truck as California approached a random bar patron.

--

Later that night almost everyone had split off to their own rooms, but Texas stayed out on the patio, sipping a whiskey. His thoughts, though slow, were still clear and they kept going back to California in those tiny jean shorts and he was really regretting going out earlier when a car pulled up out on the street.

He tensed, his reflexes weren't what they should have been, and he'd left his gun inside.

God, he hoped this wouldn't be a confrontation.