Chapter 3 -

Lucy POV -

It has been a few days since the incident. Jasper had texted me and let me know that he would see me soon, he had some things to sort out then we could talk. Before I could have a panic attack, Jasper let me know that it was nothing bad, it would just be something that would change things. I have spent those days wondering what he could mean. I knew it had something to do with what happened at the party. 

I haven't spoken to Bella since then. She had tried to talk to me, and by that I mean, she had tried to bully me into telling her if I had spoken to any of the Cullen's and what they had said. My response? I shut my bedroom door in her face and locked it.

My routine didn't really change. I would get up, go to school, come back and do homework, and then go to sleep. Dad had asked me where Jasper was, I just told him that he had a family emergency. 

But today is different. When I arrive home, Edward is waiting for Bella. Of course, Bella instantly goes after him without any questions. I stand there confused, but eventually, I head inside and up to my bedroom.  When I turn around to put my things down I jump in shock because Jasper is standing in my room. 

"Jesus Christ, you scared the shit out of me!" I say in a raised voice. I go up to him and hug him, I notice how he is holding me tighter than usual. 

"Jasper... What is going on?" I question.

"After your party the other night, Edward said we had to leave because we are a danger to you and Bella," 

My heart drops at the thought of him leaving me, but I just stay quiet. 

"So we made a decision," he says. 

"Are you leaving with them?" I ask in a small, timid voice. 

"No, no, but we won't be able to see each other as much. I've got an apartment in Seattle. The rest of the family is leaving." 

I let out a huge breath of air, knowing that he was not leaving me. 

"I have our new contact information, Bella cannot know that I stayed and she cannot get this information. You can tell your father, but not Bella." He tells me. I nod my head and just hug him in relief. 

After spending a few hours in our own bubble talking about how we could spend time in the future. When dad comes into my room asking if I knew where Bella was. 

"Yeah, she went into the woods with Edward. Is she not back yet?" I ask in concern. 

"No," he replies clearly scared. Me and Jasper look at each other. 

Within a few minutes, dad has called on a search for Bella in the woods, this included some boys from the Rez. At that time, Jasper had informed dad about what was going to happen, and he agreed to keep it a secret and was happy that he was not leaving me. Jasper told me he was going to leave now and to let him know when they found Bella. We kissed goodbye and I stayed outside with my dad. 

Sometime later...

Billy and Jacob had joined us and kept my dad calm. Billy at one point pulled me to the side to talk to me. 

"So I know Jasper has stayed behind for you," he says.

"Okay?" I say confused. 

"I know he's a vampire," Billy blurts out making me choke on my own spit. 

"I also know you are his mate, which is why I am not trying to chase Jasper away," Billy continues. I am still baffled as to why he is telling me this. He then tells me to come over to his one day so he can explain things. Just to give him a call and he would sort things out. 

"CHARLIE!" Jacob shouts. We all turn around to see a topless man carrying Bella. Dad grabs her and takes her inside straight away to get warm. 

The man who was carrying Bella walks over to me and Billy.

"Did you tell her?" he asks.

"She is here, and she can talk for herself. Who are you?" I question.

"Sam Uley,"

"He is one of the people who can help me tell you what is going on," Billy explains. 

I tell Billy I will ring him in a few days to figure out a time I can come over and I head inside. I walk upstairs to see dad consoling a catatonic Bella. When dad sees me he walks out and hugs me. 

"Give her a few days dad. She could just be in shock." I reassure him. With that, we head our different ways. 

When I get into my room I get myself ready for bed and text Jasper letting him know that Bella had been found and what Billy had told me. 

He told me that he would call me tomorrow and I went to sleep not knowing what was coming.