Snake man, and little girl

It was late. But none of us wanted to sleep. I don't think we could. I relit the fire, to keep us warm. Everyone was quiet. Scared. It was going to be a long night "So... You still owe us a story Sam." Sam breaks her gaze with the fire, and looks at me tired "Why is our story so interesting? You never told us anything about you." She speaks. "I just thought a story would be nice." I mumble. 'She's lying. She's a snake in disguise' She just gives a sigh. "How about this you tell us a story, and next time I'll tell a story." I say, hoping that the day doesn't come. Do i really want to remember what happened? 'Can you remember?' All that stress, where did it come from? Sam looks back at her sister, whose long arms were still coiled around her, her sister stared back with her emotionless face. She then turned back to face us "We got taken."

"I found a big door, with the snake guys near it. They picked me up, Maggie tried to get me back. But they took her too. We were there for a long time. Then one day Maggie didn't come back." She starts to tear up "Where did you go?" Alice asks "Someplace with- with other things. Some kids, and some other 'things'." She mumbles "What are 'things'?" Alice says. Sam point to her sister. "I don't know. I never got to talk to anyone besides Din, and Maggie for a little while." There was a scream in the distance, and the sound of worried shouting, but we didn't pay much attention to it "Who's Din?" I ask. "He would take me and Maggie out of our rooms... He was nice to me." She says, "I don't understand any of this!" Alice says "What happened? Why were you even there?" She adds. "We just... Got taken, somewhere. Then we woke up with scarred foreheads and everyday Din would take us to a room with a sort of... Puzzle, i guess. Then one day Din didn't bring Maggie back. When she did come back, she was like this." She stops again "How do you know this is her?" I ask "This is my sister. I know my sister" She says in a frustrated tone, Maggie gives a weak smile at the answer "After a few more days... Din... He let us out. And we met you guys a few days after that." She says. "H-how was Din so nice to you! It felt like... Like a prison for me." I ask, "I don't know what a prison is." She answers "Somewhere bad, where people keep you trapped in." I respond keeping my head lowered. 'We've been there twice. Were there now too.' Sam thinks. She kept trying to speak but didn't quite know what to say. Until she finally spoke "We couldn't leave. We just had the follow along them the whole time. So, i guess it was a prison. But they still kept us safe there. Din would play with me, or bring me to a room with toys to play with... Sometimes he brought me a cold sweet thing to eat. He would have brought Maggie too, but they didn't... Get along." She said. You could see the sky beginning to turn orange in the distance. The sun was going to rise. We really didn't sleep this night! I could feel myself wanting to yawn, but i clench my jaw together until it passes. "Why did Din let you go? We had to escape." I ask. She shrugs "I think it was secret. Cause he hurried us out and wanted us to keep quiet." 

You could see the sun starting to rise, catching our attention. It was nice. A pretty sight.