New Life ~ CH-93

Ash's Rotom phone started ringing. Ash looked at it curiously and recognised the number. "Nurse Joy?" He said, looking at Serena with a flat face.

Serena nodded in a way that she thought he should answer the call. Ash pressed the green button on the phone. "Hello? Nurse Joy?" He asked.

"Hello Ash? Is Serena with you? You two need to get here quickly! Your eggs!"

"What do you mean our eggs!? What's wrong!?" Ash asked worriedly, gaining a concerned look from Serena. They had left their pokemon eggs at the pokemon center so that nurse Joy could care for them while they enjoyed their vacation. Not that they wanted to keep it with them but knowing Nurse Joy, she could do a much better job than they ever could, caring for the eggs. Not to mention all the special equipment they had at the pokemon center.

Ash pressed on the speaker button so that Serena also could hear what Nurse Joy had to say.

"We just saw both eggs glow brightly. That means they will hatch soon." Nurse Joy spoke in a cheery voice.

Ash and Serena sighed in relief before a wide smile appeared on their faces. "We'll be right on our way!" Serena yelled loud enough so that nurse Joy could hear her. She herself couldn't wait for this day to happen. She had been wondering numerous times about what kind of pokemon would be inside the egg.

"Okay, I will do the preparations right away! I'll see you soon!" Nurse Joy said  before ending the call. Ash put the phone down and he and Serena stared at eachother in utter silence.

"Gaaaaahhh!!" Serena squealed, jumping up and down.

"Alright!!" Ash yelled at the same time, jumping up and pumping his fist into the air.

"Let's get there immediately!" Ash announced excitedly, standing up and grabbing his bagpack. Then, he ran over to the door.

"Wait Ash!" Serena called out. Ash stopped dead in his tracks and looked over his shoulder to look at her. "Can we finish our breakfast first?" She asked.

Ash sweatdropped. "Sure, sorry." He chuckled before putting his bag down again and sit down infront of Serena. He himself gulped down the last of his food down in a matter of seconds. Then, he looked at Serena, smilingly watching her eat. He admired her in so many different ways, he couldn't describe it, even if he wanted to. She was special to him, that's for sure. But she was more than that. He had never cared so much for anyone else than her. Sure, he loved his mom, pokemon or friends, but not like he loved Serena.

Serena giggled slightly, covering her mouth with her hand, which he found so cute. "Ash..." Serena giggled.

"Yeah?" He asked, not changing his stare at her.

"You're drooling." Serena giggled. As soon as the words hit him, he chuckled in embarrassement as he sat back up straight. "Sorry... Couldn't help it." He defended himself, chuckling while scratching his cheek in embarrassement.

Serena stood up from her seat and walked around the table. When she stood next to Ash, she bowed froward slightly and kissed him on the cheek. "Don't worry about it, it's cute." She wispered with her lips still against his cheek. Then, she stood back up straight and grabbed her glass and plate. "Let's put this in the dishwasher  and go to the pokemon center! I can't wait to see what pokemons are gonna hatch from our eggs!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Ash grinned widely at her. Her upbeat voice, the way she talked. After all this time of being together, it still made his heart warm and fuzzy. He picked up his glass and plate and placed it in the dishwasher. Then, he walked over to Serena and hugged her from behind. "I love you." He wispered, brushing his cheek against hers. Serena tensed up as his warm breath tickled her neck.