36

Touya's POV:

He didn't like Aya's plan in the slightest. Primarily because she hadn't told him a damn thing about it. Because of the cameras, it was too dangerous for her to provide any details. So all she'd told him to do was 'follow her lead.'

Touya didn't like blindly trusting others, especially with such high-risk things like this. Whatever happened, it needed to be completely foolproof. They had one chance to escape. It had been hours since his last conversation with the girl, and he'd waited anxiously for her to do something.

"Anytime now," he grumbled. With every minute that passed, the Commission was given more time to hurt you. The sounds of your screams had played on loop in his head ever since the president's visit. He would kill her, kill every single one of them.

"As I said," Aya whispered aggressively. "Wait for my signal. This needs to be timed right."

He hated not being in control, relying on someone who shouldn't have been able to figure out a way to escape before he did. Touya paced the width of his cell like he'd been doing for over an hour now. He wasn't used to feeling so... helpless. His brain was hardwired for action.

When the guard came in for the first meal of the day, Touya didn't think anything of it. He just ignored them, knowing that there wasn't anything he could say to make them talk. Aya, however, greeted them with a light, bubbly voice.

Touya furrowed his brows. She hadn't tried speaking to them before. Why would she start now?

He was startled as the sound of a sudden shout echoed through the room, and the sound of metal crashing rang in his ears. Touya ran to the bars of his cell, trying to get a glimpse of what had happened. But the guard was no longer visible.

Instead, it was Aya who stepped before him.

"How-" Touya balked. From the other cell, the guard began banging on the bars and shouting loudly.

Aya smiled and held up a key card. "Shouldn't have doubted me." Pressing her hand to the metal bars, Touya watched as the material disappeared underneath her touch. There was still a faint outline of where they'd been, but you would have to focus to see it. He tentatively waved a hand, finding that nothing blocked his movements. And when he stepped out of the cell, it was like the barrier had never been there in the first place.

Part of him was trying to figure out how the hell this had happened, but the stronger part of him didn't care. He was out. Aya had the key to the door, and Touya could feel his power returning to his body. Like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders as soon as he'd stepped out of that restrictive cell.

Aya ran to the door and used the stolen card to push it open. The two of them stepped into a large room, filled with masked guards and long hallways stretching out on either side.

"Stay behind me," he said to your friend.

Everyone's heads turned, people began to shout and alarms began to blare. They were incredibly outnumbered, and more reinforcements would likely arrive shortly. He liked the odds.

Holding his hand out with a smirk, Touya set the room ablaze.

---------------

Y/N's POV:

Now, the universe had some pretty cruel punishments, some of which you'd had the displeasure of experiencing. But this one took the cake. Looking at the man above you, it was as though you could hear some deity laughing at you from the cosmos.

"You arrived early," you recognized Sadis's voice. "We would've had her look a little more decent if we'd known."

All of your basic functions seemed to have shut down as you stared blankly up at your father. Why was he here? It made no sense. He was a retired hero working as a teacher for high schoolers.