4: Reefer Rick

Alex stayed in her position on the counter while Max, Robin and Dustin rang endless amounts of people in hopes of finding Eddie's whereabouts. She hadn't muttered a word since Max told her story, she felt guilty for not fessing up what she knew but she didn't want to relive it. What happened to having a normal year, so they could just be teenagers?

At least she was getting some entertainment in the form of Steve's failed flirting attempts with a girl that just walked in together. Alex didn't have the heart to tell Steve she had a boyfriend, the two of them were at the pool all the time so it was hard to miss.

"Hey, guys." Max says, turning around, to face everyone, "I think i might have a lead," she finished, putting her phone down. Everyone turned their attention to her, even Alex who was still hesitant to be involved.

"Seriously?" Dustin asks exasperatedly, out of everyone they called only one person had a slight idea.

"Yeah," Max nods, still trying to figure out how Alex fits into all of this, she was at the Munson's trailer this morning being interviewed. "Apparently, Eddie gets drugs from some guy named 'reefer rick', and sometimes Eddie crashes there.

Oh shit. Alex knew fully well to Reefer Rick was, she had invested a reasonable sum of money to him, in order to get some 'special' cigarettes.

"That sounds promising," Robin nods, "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

"That's the thing. No one knows," Max says, Alex averts her glance to the floor. She knew. She knew the route pretty well by now. "He's more of a ... legend than someone people actually know."

"What about a last name?" Dustin asks, picking up on Alex change in demeanour from what before seemed scared and confused and was now like she was trying to hide.

"I don't have that either," Max responds.

"I bet the cops know the last name," Steve says from behind them as he slid tapes across a shelf.

"What?" Max asks, not following the older boy.

"Cops." Steve repeats, "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at least once. Means he's in the system,"

"Cops? Really Steve? That's your suggestion?" Dustin asks, in disbelief. Alex couldn't help but agree with him, the cops seemed like a bad shout, especially because they had busted her multiple times for various crimes in the past few years; aggravated assault, arson (light), vandalism, assault and battery. Yeah, not a great reputation. But in her defence, they all deserved it and the 'arson' was accidental.

"I mean I'm just saying, at this point they should probably be filled in on what we know, What's going on." He defended, ignoring the looks from the rest of them, including his sister.

"You think he's guilty don't you?" Dustin asked pointedly, in disbelief Steve was really petty enough to want the cops instead of listening out Max's story and understanding something is definitely wrong.

"Woah, woah. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and all that constitutional shit," he takes a breath and pauses, "But i just, i don't think we can rule it out," He defends, just wanting to go back to his work, seriously when did he become so boring.

"That's exactly what we're trying to do here Steve," Max says, growing irritated by the whole situation, how not everything was connecting.