( five ) if you start singing again, I'm going to kill you.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮:"𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮:
"𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗,
𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, Mackenzie had managed to escape the house followed by the stares of her mother. After the events of yesterday, Mackenzie had unfortunately not slept that much. The news about how Chrissy had died and how it actually was something from the Upside Down had plagued her mind. And she definitely did not want to talk to her mother, especially after the argument they had in the kitchen.

She hadn't put much effort into her appearance. Mackenzie had just put on a pair of dark jeans that were cuffed at the bottom, her green Converse, and a gray sweatshirt that had the green and yellow Hawkins High tiger on it, something she wore to honor Chrissy. She had now tied back her hair into two braids as well.

Steve had picked her up outside of her house, along with Robin, Dustin, and Max. Mackenzie noticed that Lucas was still gone, which kind of worried her, but she assumed he was fine. They had made a quick trip to the store to get food and drinks so Eddie could survive in his little boathouse.

They then drove back to Reefer Rick's boathouse. Mackenzie sighed a little as she got out of the car, looking up at the sky. It was a cloudy and dreary day, which sort of reflected the mood for Hawkins . . . well, basically all the time.

The group of five walked up to the boathouse and Dustin immediately swung the door open. They walked inside, and Mackenzie looked to see that Eddie was standing by the window, still holding his broken beer bottle and looking quite panicked.

"Delivery service," Dustin said, holding up the two plastic bags full of groceries.

Eddie exhaled upon noticing that it was just them. Dustin handed him the two bags, and Eddie immediately started eating a box of Honey Combs and drinking a bottle of Yoohoo. Mackenzie leaned against the wall of the boathouse by the window, crossing her arms across her chest.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news," Dustin revealed. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie answered.

"All right, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."