5. "First meeting"

Chapter Five

Elena's POV

My goodness... It's him!

The same guy I saw last night in the bar who caused commotion to all the ladies.

Yes. Last night, when I was so confused and vulnerable.

Who would ever miss seeing him? He was tall, lean and sinfully attractive, with a face of a Greek god. He had silky dark brown hair, thick eyebrows, perfect jawline and had a panty-dropping smile.

He was quite popular inside the bar, many people greeted him, particularly the famous ones. Men shook his hand and tapped his back, while the ladies were openly flirting with him.

The way he talked and moved, so smooth, captivating and hypnotizing. I could not help but stare at him for too long.

Probably a model, or a famous athlete - basing on his lean muscled body.

I admit, I was mesmerized. When he raked his hair with his fingers, I imagined myself feeling its silkiness. When he rubbed his lower lip with his forefinger, I wished I was the one touching it. And everytime he smiled, I wanted to kiss him...

Crazy. I felt a sudden intense attraction, when I shouldn't be. It was like love at first sight, or whatever you call it, because I've never tried being in love before. But I was glad, it instantly died, when I saw him on my way to the bathroom kissing a smokin' hot blond girl.

Oh he has a girlfriend. 

I shrugged my shoulders and forgot about him.

And now, he's standing in front of me as my soon to be husband. I'm shocked and totally disappointed that I'm going to marry someone who is in love with another woman. Could it be she was just a fling. Whatever. He already gave me a bad impression.

When Grandpa mentioned the arranged marriage, I never bothered to search for the Stavrakos, particularly Adonis. I was not interested to know him, because I was still hoping that I could change Grandpa's mind. But it seemed like he was determined and would never let me back out of my promise.

"Adonis!" Pia Stavrakos stood up and gave his son a brief hug, "what took you so long. You kept us waiting."

"I'm sorry Mom, I had an important call to make," Adonis apologized then turned his attention to me.

"Hi Elena. I'm Adonis. It's a pleasure to meet you," he held my hand in a firm grip, while his eyes captured mine.

Much as I tried to ignore it, I felt a sudden electricity running through me. Eyes to eyes. Palm to palm.

Beware Elena. I reminded myself to keep my wall up.

"Nice meeting you too," I managed to reply.

Silence. Like a legion of angels passed through between us.

"Come on, you two. You're going to get married soon. You can do better than a handshake," Grandpa's words made me snatch my hand back from Adonis' grasp.

I grimaced in distaste. Grandpa's boorish attitude really disgusted me.

What does he want? A make-out session on the first meeting?

"That will come later when we're well acquainted," Adonis replied confidently.

"Of course! I just can't wait for the two of you to get married and unite our families," Grandpa chuckled.

I was relieved that Adonis did not succumb to grandfather's wish. That would only embarrass both of us. He was very confident and never allowed himself to be intimidated by Grandpa's aristocratic behavior. In fact, he overpowered it.