Gov Headcanons

- I think I'm one of the only people who sees Gov and Old DC as the same person. I'm canon compliant in that respect, although I have come to enjoy the two as separate entities.

- Gov is well meaning, but unfortunately he is more easily influenced by his domain than others. The corruption of the politicians he represents runs through his veins and is at odds with his good nature.

- Gov has Bo Burnham in Inside energy, especially All Eyes on Me, Goodbye, and Welcome to the Internet.

- Gov is stronger than he seems. He represents the entire governmental body of the US and is the closest thing to a full personification of the United States they have (at least until Ryan finally stars at the table in his America persona from Untimely News). While Gov does not usually show his physical strength, he absolutely can wreck your shit on raw power. Not in technique though, Gov is not well versed in street fighting or professional fighting.

- Most of the states don't know how strong Gov is, partially because Gov kinda lets them walk all over him. Gov doesn't like being the big bad guy who is threatening and mean, he just wants things to get done. He cares about the states and doesn't want to hurt them or force his power on them so much.

- That being said, Gov is the most dangerous of the states. He can do anything if given the right incentive (money), he's incredibly cunning and underhanded, and he also has that raw strength I mentioned. Gov is also the one with the least morals, so if you've pissed him off enough he'll do whatever it takes to get revenge.

- Gov is a lot more forceful with other countries or state officials than he is with the states. Gov the the guy in charge of the states is a nervous wreck and a bit of a pushover, Gov the Government of the United States of America is confident and strong willed. Gov when he isn't around the states is different from Gov with the states.

- Don't get Gov drunk he gets...weird (aka promiscuous and violent, also he WILL spill state secrets)

- Gov has slight memory issues. Nothing too major, but presidencies tend to scramble his brain, especially when he's switching from one party to another, as such he doesn't always retain information the best.

- This is part of why he's been trying to learn more about the states lately, that, and the fact that he used to be so busy and isolated he didn't get the chance to.

- The last time he had a slight break and was able to relax and let loose was during the 20s. After that he's just been really fucking busy and paranoid.

- Yeah that's another thing, he experiences bad paranoia, for obvious reasons. He also has anxiety and infrequent bouts of depression. The stress ball is very good for him, and he puts it to use while he works.

- Destresses with mobile games. He owns a lot of them and is partial to word based apps and bubble destroying apps.

- Canonically has difficulty dressing down. The most he gets dressed down is a polo or sweater. He usually just wears his signature suit, which he has multiple pairs of. It's very plain but he swears he is trying to get better about expanding his wardrobe and dressing down.

- Loves dad jokes and word play. Most find it annoying, but he on rare occasions can get a laugh out of a state (usually Midwest states) and that never fails to make him happy.

- Workaholic, and struggles to remember to take care of himself when he is busy. Secretly wishes someone would come and force him to stop, but that usually doesn't happen (remember these headcanons are not taking into account ships)

- Always expects better from Virginia because he used to be in charge of the states before Gov, but doesn't take into account the fact that Virginia started to let loose after he was no longer in charge.

- If Gov does have a best friend in the states, it unfortunately is Florida, because he is who he spends most of his time with. If it is anyone else it's probably Utah, because Utah is nice to him.