Chapter 9: The Beast of the Hotel

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images, opening, ending or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw that an entity was watching over the Backrooms seeing the wanderers journey, he then noticed a particular wanderer's journey and that was Issei Hyoudou's Journey, he initially thought that he could free him from this torment but then he realized that he could be just like any other wanderer or M.E.G, the one he hated the most, he then realized that he could torment them slowly and steadily which causes him to grin and go back to do whatever he is going to do. Meanwhile with Issei, they immediately head to the hotel reception and ask for a room, since they needed to rest, Jaune and Ruby take up one room, while Issei and Rex take the other room, meanwhile Issei finally gets a signal and he checks his phone for an endless amount of messages and a whole number of phone calls, he notices one of them to be from an Unknown Number, he decided to call on the unknown number, only to realize that it was Sona screaming on him asking where the hell is he, he then asks to call the ORC and Azazel wondering where he was, which Sona complies to and immediately teleported to Issei's house and called everyone present, initially they do not believe Issei is the one on the phone, but when they hear his voice they immediately have tears and seeing that he is on the line, they call out for his name, where Issei apologized for being rude and for his actions, he then tells them that he is alright and fine. That was when Azazel teleports him asking him his true location, which he tells that he is in the Backrooms, causing him to get dazed, he later reveals wherever he went and his current location at Level 5, which was relatively safe, Azazel then informs everyone of the Levels that come after this, he then informs that he is well informed thanks to Draigg and then disconnects after telling them that he will be back no matter what happens. Azazel then leaves the ORC to themselves and meets up with Vali who asks him for Issei's location, Azazel then tells him that he is stuck in the Backrooms, which causes him to be depressed, but he believes that he would come back stronger than ever. Meanwhile, Issei and the others eat their dinner, where they talk about more entities, they then meet up with Naofumi Iwatani, the shield hero from his world, while initially skeptical they eventually accept him into the group, and informed him that they would be leaving the next day at the very least, they then talk about an entity known as the Wretch or Insanity given that they are very common in several locations of this level, especially the upper floors of the level. They then go to sleep preparing for the next day's attack.

The Next Day

Level 5, 8:30 AM

Issei woke up with a sigh, he knew that he might have to leave by today, since the Hotel room was big enough, he then looked to the side to see Rex staring right through his soul