Act 3 ch 11

"Dinner" Victoria says walking in the front door with Lorelai behind her.

"Over here" Rory says from the front room. "We are so in luck, it was international grab bag night at Al's" Lorelai tells her.

"Cool! Did you peek?" Rory asks. "And ruin the mystery dinner? I'd never let her do that" Victoria says. "Pick" Lorelai holds out two bags for Rory to pick from, Victoria already holding her own.

"That one" Rory picks a bag.

"I love this, it's good and a game all in one. Remember we all open our bags at the same time" Victoria tells them. "On three. One, two, three" Lorelai counts.

"Hmm, Moroccan" Rory smells her bag. "You always says Moroccan" Victoria says. "And sooner or later, I will be right. What's yours?" Rory asks her.

"I'm thinking Mexican. Mom?" Victoria asks.

"Pan-Asian with a hint of English colonial, and a few South African influences" Lorelai replies. "Way to hedge your bet. Kitchen?" Victoria says.

"Just let me check the machine" Lorelai walks over to the answering machine. "Okay" Victoria says as her and Rory walk into the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is silly. I know how to answer a question" Lorelai says walking through the snowy Stars Hollow streets with her daughters.

"This is your first deposition. Grandma's lawyers just want you to be prepared" Victoria tells her. "Simple questions. Great, it's bad enough I have to give a deposition" Lorelai says.

"Now I have to study for it?" she complains. "Shall we begin?" Rory asks. "Go ahead" Lorelai says.

"Please describe how your mother runs her household" Rory starts reading the list.

"Okay, well do you remember the rowing scene in Ben-Hur?" Lorelai asks. "Mom" Victoria says.

"I'm sorry. Did that reference date me?" Lorelai replies. "Should I have gone with the Express Yourself video?" she asks. "Should we stop?" Rory says.

"I'm sorry. Ask me another" Lorelai tells her.

"Would you say your mother is an easy woman to get along with?" Rory reads a question. "No. Next" Lorelai answers immediately.

"You're not taking this seriously" Victoria tells her. "I am taking this seriously" Lorelai insists. "You can't say that" Rory tells her mother.

"Oh, so you what me to lie" Lorelai replies.

"You don't have to lie. It's all about how you present the truth" Victoria says. "For example you could have said, my mother is a perfectionist" she gives an example.

"Uh-huh. And do you promise to visit mommy in jail?" Lorelai asks. "Yes, I do" Victoria answers. "Okay, then. My mother is a perfectionist" Lorelai says.

"Very good" Rory tells her.

"Oh, hey. Where you going?" Lorelai asks when Luke walks out of Luke's. "Well, I'm going to Doose's because we are out of food" he replies.

"How can you be out of food?" Victoria asks. "Well it starts with the words, hey Jess you do the ordering this week and it ends with me selling Kirk a lettuce sandwich" Luke explains. "We've eaten those" Victoria nods.

"I'm gonna go pick up some stuff to hold us over til tomorrow" Luke tells them.

"Well get some burgers" Lorelai says. "And tater tots" Victoria requests.

"And pickles" Rory adds. "Okay, hold on a sec. Burgers, tater tots, pickles, you what cheese on the burger?" Luke asks writing the orders down. "Cheddar" Lorelai answers.