Arc 1, Chapter 2: Restarting Life (UPDATED)

Reed POV:

What now?

I guess I should start trying to figure out this semblance and all of that. Tied to emotions? I guess I can try to think of bad things to get angrier.

Well. It's not like I need to think of bad things to get it working. All my thoughts are negative and depressing thanks to them.

I feel a purple aura surround my body as my mind gets clouded in more negativity and PTSD fueled memories.

And I hear Grimm surrounding me in every direction. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Reed: "Time to test things out!"

With Wail active and Lament in hand, I get to work.

I put a foot down infront of me preparing to sprint towards the Grimm. I move forward and immediately fly right at him and slice him in half vertically.

Woah!

The speed is unreal!

I plant a foot down and spin the other way to dash to the next 2 Grimm in my way. I rev up Lament and start slashing through them. The 2 alphas in front of me couldn't even survive through the first couple slashes.

I'm getting pumped now! What is this feeling?

For the final Grimm I run towards him, jump in the air and flip, revving Lament and slamming it down onto the last Beowolf, cutting it in half and disintegrating his body. I give myself a couple seconds to breath before I chuckle.

Reed: "Wow. And that was just testing it. I'm still completely new to this whole thing."

This is going to be great. I can feel it.

I notice another smaller switch on the very bottom of the handle. I tap it and it shrinks down into a little necklace for me to wear.

Reed: "Wait. What? How would I get it back?"

I try to figure it out and I finally hold the little thing in my hand and it enlarges itself, the handle being right back in my hand.

Reed: "Uh huh..."

I hit the button again and wear my weapon around my neck.

Hm. What does a kid with no home, family or friends do...

.

.

.

.

Timeskip, 2 years later, Reed POV:
.

.

.

.

There's another job done.

I wonder...would killing people like this affect the version of me before I became this? Or was I born a sociopath. Because...

I just cleaned shop at some little White Fang base and there were bodies...everywhere. Like, it was bad.

I head back to Juniors to rest up but I'm interrupted by a bullhead.

Wait. A bullhead? Oh this is far from good.

A man with white hair and a cane comes out of the thing after it lands with a busty looking woman.

???: "Reed Rose? You fit the picture."

I draw Lament out and point it towards him.

Reed: "How and why do you know that name?"

???: "I'm just guessing due to your similarities with another kid I just met an hour ago."

Huh? Another kid? Couldn't have been...