37: Alone. . . Time?

6:/23/22

Today = Tuesday

Akira got up as the last bell rang out. As he walks to his show locker, he ran into Futaro.

Akira: Oh, hey.

Futaro: Sup.

Both of them, are extremely tired.

Akira: You know . . . you have bags under your eyes.

Futaro: Have you looked in a mirror?

Akira: Yeah, I know.

They open their  shoe lockers (theirs are straight across each other).

Futaro: How are your studies going?

Akira: I don't know. Hoping for the best I guess.

Futaro: I'm sure we will do fine.

Akira: I need to do good.

Futaro: You know, the challenge is not- eh, never mind.

Futaro Thinking: What am I saying. Not like my main goal is for those girls anyways. Akira Hara is aiming for something he has to put a lot of effort into.

Futaro: Akira, sorry, for pulling you into this tutoring gig.

Akira: What's this about? That thing last Friday?

Futaro: Not just that. Before even asking you to help, I knew your dream, of being a doctor that is. I-

Akira: A goal.

Futaro: Huh?

Akira: It's a goal, not a dream. There's a clear difference on those.

Futaro: Elaborate on that.

Akira: My goal is to become a doctor to help my family with our fanatical problems. A goal is something one aims for with actions, when a dream is something one aims for in their mind. Both need ambition, but only one will happen.

Futaro: I see, so then, if being a doctor is a goal, what is the dream?

Akira: . . . Better not to know. I tend to not think about it, for my own sake.

Futaro: I see.

Akira gets up, walking away.

Akira: Sorry, but I think I should take a break from tutoring though.

Futaro: I understand. Take as much time you need.

Akira: Thanks, see ya later.

He walks out of the school and stands at the corner. Others crowd around him as they wait for the light to change. The wind picks up, pushing his hair around his face. He bushes it off, moving it to the side. The others conversations were about normal things. Where do you want to eat, what's your plans today, wanna go to my place?

The brown hair boy looks up to the sky. A nice day, some clouds with a nice breeze that can pick up in an instant. He pushes up his glasses, fixing his hair more so he could see. The light changes, signaling for him to go. The group makes there way forward.

Someone runs through the group, pushing through them, catching up to the front where Akira was. Suddenly, an arm wrapped around his neck and shoulder, pushing him forward.

Akira: WHAAA!!

Ichika: Ehehe! Where do you think you're going huh? Not like you know where I work exactly.

Akira: Am I going the wrong way?

Ichika: Well no, but not like you can just walk in. Anyways, what's the fun in walking alone. Now, we got each other.