Chapter 33- Parents

I was sitting in between Max and Charlotte in the car while Zack was in the front passenger seat with his arms crossed as he glared daggers at dad who was driving the car.

Damien, Liam and Celine were in the other car with mom. Zack threatened the two to take us to our parents' house which was in another city.

All this while when I thought that they were on business trips, they were actually enjoying their lives, living in our parents' house.

I still can't believe that I spent 17 years of my life living with the monsters who took everything away from my parents just because of their greed. And the worst part? They never showed an inch of guilt.

I felt like it had been hours since we were driving. I was just drowning in my own thoughts, staring out of the window. The scenery outside had changed from huge buildings to open green spaces of land with trees on either sides of the road.

The car stopped and we all got out. The others arrived shortly after us. I didn't pay attention to the mutterings and gasps around me as I stared wide eyed at the magnificent white mansion in front of me.

It was huge and so, so beautiful. It almost looked unreal. I felt a pinch on my arm and I flinched, wincing. "What the hell, Max?!" I hissed at him.

"Sorry, I was checking if I was dreaming... I am not." He sheepishly grinned.

"You should have pinched yourself then?" I glared at him.

We slowly made our way towards the mansion. I felt so nervous. For the first time in my life, I was actually at home.

The one that didn't have my parents inside anymore.

I felt the tears returning and I wasn't even walking anymore. Zack was holding my hand as he pulled me towards the entrance. His hand was so warm and it felt so comforting.

The doors of the mansion were opened by an elderly lady. She stared at everyone in confusion before her gaze landed on me.

She loudly gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "Nina?!" she whispered and quickly shook her head.

She was staring at me with watery eyes. I gave her a nervous smile. She slowly turned to look away from me at Max. A tear slid down her face as she stared at him.

Everyone was quiet and we were all just staring at each other, not knowing how to react.

So I decided to break the deafening silence.

"Hello. I am... Jennifer." I softly said and her already widened eyes, widened even more.

She threw her arms around me and engulfed me in a tight hug as she cried on my shoulder. I hesitantly hugged her back.

"My dear child. Jennifer! It's you! You.. You are alive. Where were you all these years?!" She was shaking from all the crying.

"I am sorry." I felt my own tears rolling down my face.

She pulled back and kissed my forehead, holding my face between her hands. "I knew you were alive... Oh my dear lord, you look just as beautiful as Nina. Those same ocean blue eyes." she softly whispered.

She then turned to look at Max. "Hey.. I Um.. I am.. Max.. Kyle?... Jennifer's twi-"

"Kyle!?" She gasped. She stared from me to him and back at me. With teary eyes, she went towards Max and cupped his cheeks.

"But you were announced dead. With Andrew and Nina. That awful car accident. It destroyed everything." She closed her eyes as more tears rolled down her face.