Chapter 75: Between you and me

Kiyotaka POV

We were currently walking to the destination point, the border between red and white.

Kiyo: "So, why do you only bring Rico here with us? I thought you're expecting red folks to appear before us."

Selene: "I have my way of thinking, boy. And it just happened to be different from yours."

I seriously doubt that.....

Lina: "More importantly, are we still far away from our target?"

Selene: "We should arrive at 10 minutes. Let's go."

Earlier, Red Dragon Base

3rd Person POV

Akashi: "So you're saying that master Selene along with her 2 recruits are heading to the border?"

NPC: "Yes, I overheard their conversation on the master's room. They're planning to collect resources on the border."

Akashi: "I see. Thanks for the info. You can continue your spionage, Max."

Max: "Yes, master."

With that, Max left the room.

Erika: "Well, what are you going to do, Tsukasa?"

Akashi: "Let's greet them. The 2 recruits must be Kiyotaka and Lina. I'm sure of it."

Erika: "Are we going to fight them or what?"

Akashi: "We'll see once we get there."

Present time

Kiyotaka POV

When I was walking silently, Lina tugged my shirt, signalling she wanted me to use telepathy.

Kiyo: (What is it?)

Lina: (Kiyotaka....I was just wondering...with that bizzare ability of yours, can I really give you any powerful ability I can think of?)

Kiyo: (Yes. And I hope you didn't forget the strategy we discussed yesterday night?)

Lina: (Yes...of course.)

She then lets go of my shirt.

Hah....I know I'm good friends with her but....

This ability of mine, it's really making me dependant to other people.

Trusting people is harder than making them trust you, after all...

Selene: "Here we are."

As we were out of the forest, we're on an open area with a lot of ruins.

And suprisingly, 3 people are there.

Akashi: "Yo. It seems you came, Kiyotaka."

Kiyo: "So you expected us to come?"

Lina: "Wait, I know there's a high chance that we will meet but...with the way he speak, it's as if he's fully expecting us to come..."

Erika: "Really? well, who knows..."

Rico: "Tch, they got us...."

There's only one explanation to this.

Traitor. Someone is betraying us on the white.

But that's the story for another time. Right now, we're in a crisis...

NPC: "Woah, they really came, Tsukasa san."

Selene: "So red hair, can I ask a question for you?"

Akashi: "Sure."