Chapter 14

I fucked up

I fucked up.

I didn't mean to say I don't know I panicked because I have baseball to think about, and now it's too late, she sucked off Asher Drew and it pissed me the fuck off.

"Halston let's go Ares is already in the car" Lio says

It's been three days since Annie's talked to me, she keeps ignoring me when I try to talk to her, so I got her phone number from Lio, which was not easy, but she ignored those too, I miss seeing her, smelling the coconut scent she naturally has, touching her.

"Going"

"Okay class today we'll be working on a three day project with the partners you chose so go on and sit with them if not already" he says

I begin to look all over the room but I don't see Jake anywhere.

Great.

"Need a partner?"

I jump and look behind me to see Halston coming around to sit next to me "I'd rather work alone"

And I would.

"Too bad it's a two people job" he says smirking

Why can't he leave me alone.

"Just focus on what we have to do, because that's all this is, a project." I say firmly

Going strong.

"Whatever floats your boat" smug piece of shit.

After 50 minutes of explaining the project and actually teaching, my teacher finally sums it up and we get up to leave.

"Can we talk" Halston says pulling me by my elbow to stop walking

"I told you I don't want to talk to you anymore" I say going to leave but he stops me again

"Please Annie just give me one chance to explain myself" he says begging me to look him in the eyes

But know that if I look into his eyes, I'll turn weak, I'll forgive him.

"I've given you plenty of opportunities, I'm not gonna repeat myself like a broken record Parker, I've said what I had to and I have nothing else in me, you've drained me, now get your hand off my elbow and let me go."

I take just a small glimpse at him, and I see sadness. For a moment I want to forgive him, jump in his arms, and let him hold me till we're better. Like it had always been just us but I can't because he doesn't deserve it.

So I walk out of the room and don't look back.