Chapter Twenty Six| 'Pull yourself together'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

The bookcase with inky treasures adorned the quiet room, quiet in that sense of easy solitude and in the sense of gentle seaside hues, soft blues, greys, and browns.

The wood of the bookcase looked for all the world as if it had washed up on a beach someday, as if was once a part of a mighty sailing ship. Yet now it sits in its forever harbour, in that soulful bay that is the corner of this room.

My hands glide across all the dusty books, before slipping one out that read.

'Death Do'

Joey is going to love this one, I look up to see him locked in the library's corner, clutching the book I gave him six hours ago. He is sobbing uncontrollably that he crushes the book against the floor and tucks himself back into his couch. He grabs the box of tissues I ordered just for him; I try to fumble my laughter.

I walk back to the counter, an alert suddenly pops up onto my phone, the NEWS.

I press onto it, before a slamming book catches my attention. "If you ever give me a sad book again, I will kill you!" I glance at the cover and shake the smile away from my face. "This is not a smiling matter; she was a good person!"

"I told you you'd like it."

"Mhm, and as always I will never admit you are." I let out a soft chuckle, stacking the rest of the library books on top of one another before shuffling them onto the trolley. I glance at the time, closing in ten minutes. And then I have to stay and lock up, I just wanted to talk to Ares.

My affections for him have grown stronger since our trip to the Cabin, or should I say the 'getaway cabin.' Especially after the *night* we spent together and how we ultimately did it. I could not believe it.

I used to watch porn like that, and now I am doing it in real life. I miss his touch and the feel of his lips against my flesh. I am missing him. Ares Nicolaides is missed. That man is a rogue.

"How about you come over for dinner? I've known you for a year now Jones, I'll tell Ares to come." He winks at me; I laugh whilst slipping out my sketchbook.

"My parents are coming back in a few days; you know how they are..."

"I hate them both, come anyways or I will bring dinner to you."

"Joey Nicolaides! I am going to kill you!" Both our head snap to the door to see his wife storming in, Joey whistles and salutes me goodbye. I wave at him before his wife grabs onto his ears and pulls him to the exit. "You left the cleaning to me! To read-" Their voices die down as they exit.

My body falls onto the leather chair, my fingers rush through the locks of my hair. I have yet to submit my project, and mostly it is because I don't want to. I do not want to go to Seattle and leave Ares. Leave everything behind, I do not want to do that. That's the reason why I have been delaying submissions.

Mrs Coffee isn't proud of that. Narnia makes her way to the counter. "You look a little pale Jones, you alright?" She asks me.

"I'm fine-"

"Is it okay if you lock up today, I have a date tonight." She giggles, I smile and nod my head.

"Sure Narnia, have a great date." Narnia pinches my cheeks for a good minute or so.

"Alright Pumpkin, I already cleaned everything. I'll see you next week." I stand up, packing my things. I shove my sketchbook first and slip on my jacket. I throw the hood over my head, I texted Aunt Coraline that I am now leaving the library.