Chapter Twenty Nine

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

The wedding was in a week. Aurora's family were frantically trying to prepare everything, while Aurora and I sat back and watched. We hadn't bothered to help out because if they needed something, I'm sure they would tell us.

Aurora had been up in our room practicing the song she was meant to be singing at the reception. She hasn't allowed me to listen to her yet, stated that she liked singing and practicing alone.

I'm not exactly sure how that works, especially because she's going to be singing in front of probably hundreds of people, but it's her choice, and I respected it.

"Aurora! Do you have your reception outfit ready?" Natalia yelled from the dining room.

We were now lounging on the couch watching a horror movie. Aurora was laying on top of me, my hand rubbing up and down her back.

"Yeah, it's hung up in the closet. Why?"

"Well, you're going to need it on Saturday."

"I thought the reception was on the Monday?"

Such an awkward day. I thought to myself.

"I didn't send you a message? I could've sworn I had."

Aurora took her head off my chest, "What message, Natalia?" She asked rather sternly.

"Reception was been moved to Saturday. I told everyone months ago...  I could've sworn I had sent  a message telling you. Maybe you didn't get it."

Aurora let out a long, deep breath. She then laid down on me again and buried her face in my chest. After a few seconds of heavy breathing into my chest, she twisted her head, so her cheek was resting on my chest.

She stuck the middle finger up in her direction. "That's fine, Natalia. Everything is ready anyways."  

I cracked a smile when she huffed and puffed.

"Is everything actually ready?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I guess. I just have to iron my dress and figure out how I'm doing my makeup."

She rested her chin on my chest so she could look at me and talk. I watched her, moving my head to one side, and allowing my smile to grow bigger. She brought her index finger up to her lips and kissed it before pressing it against one of my dimples.

"Have you got your own outfit ready?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I nodded. It was awkward movement because my head was squished between Aurora and the arm of the couch.

Aurora opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off by my ringtone. She had changed it to 'Why'd you only call me when I'm high?' So, every single time I heard my ringtone, I remembered the time Aurora and I had sat in the car together, and sung it.

It made me grin like a fucking idiot every time.

I looked down at the phone to see who it was. Fuck, why did he have to call now?

My eyes widened when I read the caller ID.

"Shit, I gotta take this. I'll be right back, okay?"

She furrowed her eyebrows but climbed off me and sat on the opposite couch. Her hands were folded behind her back as she stared at me, curiously.

I quickly left the room and answered the phone.

"Hey, Enzo! The ring is all done. When would you like to pick it up?"